Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14505 Discussions

Will I need to hookup the second 8 pin CPU power cable for 11900k

cemm
New Contributor I

I am using an ASUS Max XIII Hero which has 2x 8 Pin power slots. I am going to install an i9-11900k CPU and  I will NOT be doing 'Manual OC'...

Is it better to power both of those power connectors or just one?

thank you

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What does the ASUS motherboard documentation say is necessary?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

cemm
New Contributor I

I couldn't find any writeen comment only in graphics, they show one socket activated... But there are two of them next to each other on the mobo...

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Then, contact asus support.  It is their board.

cemm
New Contributor I

Why? Wouldn't Intel also have an idea if their CPU require both 8 pin CPU power connector or not?

Come to think of it, Intel should have a better idea than Asus...

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I found the asus documentation.  It has to do with your power requirements and power supply.

I found the document.   So can you.

cemm
New Contributor I

You know Doc, you have a strange understanding of what to contribute means. A bit bitter look on things I presume. Weird attitude for a Doc!

Kuddos for you, you managed to find one of the information that I couldn't!

And you came here to tell me just that; you found so easily what I fail to find...  What does that tell you? 

Oh! I suppose that's why I must be here! To get help for the problems I face! That's what community is for, right?  Apparently wrong!
What was I thinking, coming here and asking questions about things other people can easily find in a document! Silly me... 

You know Doc, I try to help people if I can, when I can. That's what I aim for. So can you.  

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I told you to lookup your asus board on the asus site (which is what I ended up doing).

Your board power connectors are an asus issue, not an Intel processor or Intel issue, which you wrongly insisted it was.  You did not want to look for an answer on the asus site.  You did not want to contact asus.  So, you came here looking for asus information, and I gave you the best answer, which was "go to asus".  I spent my time going to the asus to get the information, which you could have done as well.  And, that information is likely in the board product manual that comes in the motherboard box.

Anyway, you are welcome.

cemm
New Contributor I

Doc, you assume too much...  I suspected that with your first answer... You assumed that I probably am a teenager who is lazy enough to even ask the time of the day! What I did want and what I did not want shouldn't be a guessing game for you...
So, FYI: 
I did go to the Asus site before I posted here... But I can't seem to log in to the forum ( some crazy looping thing going on) So, I opened a  support ticket, but they are not very responsive... You don't know the time I spent on that information, a matter of fact I still am not including this rubbish dialog. And No! Your answer is not the best answer by miles!  You "allegedly" spent your time going to the Asus to get the information (and still not mentioning what that answer is)  which I couldn't find! And another arrogant assumption about what is likely to exist in the manual... Right, because I am a lazy idiot! And you finish your post with a ridiculous "You are welcome!?" For what exactly? For your undesirable attitude? I remember you from my previous post, you had a very unconstructive, useless replay then too... Seems like you are lurking here just to reprimand people... I do hate this kind of quarrels so please don't help me anymore... Thank you...

0 Kudos