Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Windows 10 version 1903 won't install.

JFELO
Beginner

I’m trying to install windows 10 version 1903. I get an error message that my iastora.sys driver does not support the Intel Rapid Storage Technology. I used the intel driver and support assistant and updated the driver to Intel Rapid Storage Technology User Interface and Driver for Intel 7th/8th Generation Platforms but I’m still getting the error message when trying to install Windows 10 version 1903.  It stops at about 25% installed when I get this message. Need your help to resolve. Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

go to Windows\system32\drivers and rename iastora.sys to iastora.tmp.

Then, do your 1903 upgrade.

Doc

0 Kudos
JFELO
Beginner
Thanks.  If this does not work will I be able to go back to the old name without a problem?  -------- Original message --------From: Intel Forums <supportreplies@intel.com> Date: 7/31/19 7:21 PM (GMT-05:00) To: felockjp@verizon.net Subject: Al.Hill answered you: Windows 10 version 1903 won't install. @media only screen and (max-device-width: 480px) { html { -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; } table.container { width: 100% !important; } .hidden-for-mobile { display: none !important; } .callToAction, .callToAction td, .footer { font-size: 12px !important; } .button .text { font-size: 12px !important; } .defaultIndentation { width: 10 !important; } .text { font-size: 12px !important; } a.button { width: 96 !important; } a.buttonWide { width: 118 !important; } a.buttonAuto { padding-left:1em !important; padding-right:1em !important;} a.button, a.buttonWide, a.buttonAuto { height: 23 !important; line-height: 23px !important; border-radius: 4px !important; -webkit-border-radius: 4px !important; -moz-border-radius: 4px !important; } td.buttonWrapper { width: 98 !important; height: 23 !important; } img { display: inline !important; } .circle { border-radius: 50%; clip-path: circle(50px at center); } .square { border-radius: 10%; clip-path: circle(10px at center); } } @media only screen and (min-device-width: 600px) { table.container { width: 600px !important; } } @media screen { @font-face { font-family: 'Salesforce Sans'; font-style: normal; src: local('Salesforce Sans'), local('SalesforceSans'), url(https://forums.intel.com/fonts/SalesforceSans/SalesforceSans-Regular.woff) format('woff'); } } a, a:visited { color: #015BA7; text-decoration:none; } img { display: block; } .preheader { display: none !important; } table { border-collapse: collapse; mso-table-lspace: 0px; mso-table-rspace: 0px; } go to Windows\system32\drivers and rename iastora.sys to iastora.tmp.   Then, do your 1903 upgrade.   Doc             Al.Hill (Customer) go to Windows\system32\drivers and rename iastora.sys to iastora.tmp. Then, do your 1903 upgrade. Doc   View/Answer   or reply to this email             Replying to       JFELO (Customer) asked a question. Wednesday, July 31, 2019 3:00 PM Windows 10 version 1903 won't install.I’m trying to install windows 10 version 1903. I get an error message that my iastora.sys driver does not support the Intel Rapid Storage Technology. I used the intel driver and support assistant and updated the driver to Intel Rapid Storage Technology User Interface and Driver for Intel 7th/8th Generation Platforms but I’m still getting the error message when trying to install Windows 10 version 1903.  It stops at about 25% installed when I get this message. Need your help to resolve. Thanks.               Al.Hill (Customer) go to Windows\system32\drivers and rename iastora.sys to iastora.tmp. Then, do your 1903 upgrade. Doc Wednesday, July 31, 2019 4:20 PM               You're receiving emails when someone "Comments on my posts."   To change or turn off Forums email, log in as 300002277650@intel.com.isvc.   Are notifications about this post getting annoying? Reply to this email with the word " mute ".   For Privacy and Legal notices, please visit these links: http://www.intel.com/privacy, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/legal/terms-of-use.html.        
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

JFELO, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JFELO
Beginner

I used the Windows update assistant off their website. It took a while to complete but it worked. My PC supplier said right now there is a known bug with the latest Windows 10 monthly update (2019-07) and the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver. The update will not recognize that the newest version of IRST is installed and thus fail to install. The

Windows 10 Update Assistant, bypasses the built-in Windows Update and applies the update directly.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

That is good news. Glad you are updated.

Doc

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

JFELO, Thank you very much for letting us know those results.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that finally you were able to install the Windows*10 1903 update with no problems using the Windows* update assistant.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos