Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Windows Update Intel Extension 2043.12.6202

M1M
Novice

For the past several Windows 10 Insider Build updates on a Lenovo P53, the driver list shows Extension 2043.12.6202 has having installed successfully; however, the update summary indicates there were issues and the install will be tried again.

Does the update actually install successfully and if so why is this not recorded correctly?

If the update does not install successfully, why does the detail driver update list indicate it does?

In either case, will the issue be corrected?

9 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @M1M

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We have been reviewing this inquiry and we are not able to find any matches to Intel Extension 2043.12.6202. Since you mentioned that you are running Windows* 10 Insider* Build, this could be related to any test/updates performed by the Insider™ program.

Windows Insider* versions are created for testing and we cannot guarantee its proper functionality and the recommendation is to report any issue related to it to Microsoft® since this is an open software testing program by Microsoft*, and they have requested to file feedback in the Feedback Hub that will get sent directly to their engineers. For more information, please refer to this link: What is the Windows Insider Program?*

Having said that, we recommend checking this directly with Microsoft* support since they are the ones that handle all the technical details about this Insider program and the updates they are offering through the Windows® Update Service.

Also, we will proceed to close this inquiry now from our end. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
relnah
Beginner

Hi!

I've been having the exact same issue. With both the version of Intel Extension as the OP but also with earlier version like Intel - Extension - 1904.8.0.1

I'm _not_ running any insider builds. I'm running 

Windows 10 Pro

Best regards,

Relnah

0 Kudos
SeanT
Beginner

I have a Lenovo P53 without insider built having the identical issue. 

It has been going on since November 2020 before Win 10 update and persists after all updates to Windows 10, version 20H2 now. It has also been appearing with the previous version of the Intel Extension driver update 2027.12.0.6031 and persisting with the current 2043.12.0.6202

The error message in Win Update says the installed version is newer than the one attempted. The Driver update history shows the same driver is installed several times a day!

Those were the facts. Now the fiction in my mind could trigger a step: It behaves as if Intel extension drivers installed through Windows update fail to switch/release the previous version and establish the current one in logs or registers.

I also have installed Intel Driver and Support Assistant which independently verifies and indicates all drivers are the latest and good with the exception of some irrelevant graphics driver which is maintained by Lenovo. 

This issue belongs in the hands of intel to be resolved with Windows update process.

0 Kudos
M1M
Novice

Based on the comments to date, this does not appear to be a Windows 10 Insider build issue. Note that on two occasions after installing the latest insider build, Windows Update did not flag the extension as having failed; however, it did flag the extension as having failed the next time updates were checked for.

0 Kudos
Butters
Beginner

I have a Lenovo P53 and I'm having the same exact issue.

I get this error on the windows update page.

"A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install."

I see repeated attempts over and over the past few months to install the same driver:

Intel - Extension - 2043.12.0.6202 (3)

Successfully installed on ‎2/‎12/‎2021

I am NOT running Insiders program

Edition Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎10/‎3/‎2020
OS build 19042.746
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

0 Kudos
rr480
Beginner

Hello,

having the same issue with P53. I believe there is something wrong with UHD 630. I tried several drivers for this gpu, but no luck. Running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 and it is laggy. I was suspecting mouse drivers, but no, even a cord mouse is working the same way. 

0 Kudos
M1M
Novice

Has anyone been able to confirm which company owns this code and what it is for exactly?

0 Kudos
eg4891
Beginner

I'm also having this issue with a ThinkPad P72 and am not running Windows Insider edition. 

Windows Update shows:

Error encountered

A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install.

In the update history under Driver Updates I see 45 entries for:

Intel - Extension - 2043.12.0.6202
Successfully installed on

and it lists the date, from today all the way back to 2021-‎01-‎28

Note that I also have Intel Driver and Support Assistant app installed and update regularly.

0 Kudos
relnah
Beginner

This is still an issue....

Intel - Extension - 2109.60.49.0 installed fine 2021-05-21 and after that just keeps coming as new update and fails to install over and over and over again.

0 Kudos