Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Wrong core volatge at IDLE I7 11700K

NeXus
Beginner

Hello,

I have a probleme where my IDLE core voltage are way too high from what it set in the bios and in IETU at 1.05v, i'm idleing at 1.4/1.5v wich is abnormaly high and i can't figure out why it's so high, all info about system and OC in attachement, if you need more info ask.

Thanks in advance for the help

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

NeXus, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

For this scenario first, we just wanted to inform you that we can confirm that the Intel® Core™ i7-11700K Processor is fully compatible with the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility as you can confirm in the following link under the list of supported units:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29183/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-

Now, just to let you know, altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications. Check with the manufacturers of system and components for additional details.

So, actually, what we recommend in this case will be to use the Intel® Processor at stock configuration with the default BIOS settings.

Still, we encourage all the peers viewing this forum that if they have any suggestions or comments on this matter to jump in the thread and provide all the feedback and recommendations on this topic they might have available, we are sure they will be very useful and helpful for all the peers viewing this thread.

Also, as an option, you can always submit your inquiry on any overclocking forums for additional assistance on this subject:

https://www.overclockers.com

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NeXus
Beginner

Hello,

It's doing this even with the stock bios setting, and the stock clock settings, what should my ore voltage be when i'm not doing anything, now i'm using the AI overclocking capability of my asus MB, and when i'm just browsing on chrome i'm at 1.45v, sometimes it will jump to 1.5v even with the stock bios setting and if i do some benchmark on cinebench R15/20/23 it will drop to 1.35-1.40 with a clock set to 4.9Ghz, with the stock bios setting it will set the voltage to 1.35v with a core clock of 4.6Ghz, i haven't see any of this type of voltage variation with my I7 7700K, at stock bios setting, and when it was OC to 4.9Ghz with a core voltage of 1.345v.

What should my voltage be with the stock clock of 3.6Ghz and 4.6Ghz ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello NeXus, Thank you very much for providing that information.

In reference to "What should the voltage be with the stock clock of 3.6Ghz and 4.6Ghz ?", in the following link you will find the datasheet for the Intel® Core™ i7-11700K Processor Processor, in there from pages 122 to 128 you will find all the details about the voltage of the processor depending on different states, please visit the link below and look for "11th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor Family" 

Supporting 11th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor Families for Desktop Platform, formerly known as Rocket Lake", it is the very first one on the list, then select "Volume 1" to download the PDF:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/processors/core/core-technical-resources.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello NeXus, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello NeXus, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos