Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

XMP Warranty for CPU - some questions

Piotr
Novice

Dear Intel Employers and Community,

I have question about warranty of your CPU and XMP feature. I know that if I enable it  my warranty will be end but I have some more complicated question. Your official specification show me that official supported memory speed is 2666 Mhz so if I will buy memory with 2666 Mhz speed and 1.2V but with CL 16 latency (what we now official JEDEC latency is CL19) this will be considered like overclocking? I will not enable XMP on BIOS because these parameters are saved in memory SPD.
When I will manually set my memory to JEDEC specification this will be also considered like overclocking? If I set this manually my memory will be work with JEDEC specification so I think that this should be considered like stock memory. I would like to know how Intel will be interpreted this situation.

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Piotr, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, you are correct, if you use a memory RAM with JEDEC latency of CL19 without enabling the XMP profile in the BIOS of the motherboard, that will not be considered overclocking on the Intel® Processor, we also take under consideration the JEDEC specifications on the memory RAM.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Piotr
Novice

I know that if I will buy memory with JEDEC CL19 specification this it be OK and my warranty will not be enden but I ask you about memory 2666 Mhz CL16. These memory don't have 2666 Mhz CL19 profile. They works 2666 Mhz CL16 out of box so I will not enable XMP profile but they will be works with CL 16 timing:

This is link to specifications: https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX426C16FB3K2_16.pdf

Like you see the default specification is 2666 Mhz CL 16 and this will be run by default:

FACTORY TIMING PARAMETERS

Default (Plug N Play): DDR4-2666 CL16-18-18 @1.2V

XMP Profile #1: DDR4-2666 CL16-18-18 @1.2V

Can you answer me?

0 Kudos
Piotr
Novice

Why you don't answer for my last question? I must know about  your warranty policy reference to these HyperX HX426C16FB3K216 memory. They have not 2666 Mhz CL19 profile in SPD, only 2666 Mhz CL16 so if I install this memory they will be work 2666 Mhz CL 19 automatically so my warranty will be end? Note that these memory have 1.2 voltage for CL 16 latency like JEDEC specification. I can't change speed and latency before install this memory. I can manually set to 2666 Mhz CL19 but like I earlier said first they will be work 2666 Mhz CL16 after installation process in the motherboard and first POST.

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Piotr
Novice

People from Intel will not help? ;/ I would like to know answer for my question.

0 Kudos