Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14502 Discussions

XTU App Profile Pairing Crash

angras
Beginner

I like to run a moderate/high overclock while gaming, but during rest periods I want the CPU to cool down. I tried using XTU's "App-Profile Pairing" which sometimes works, but I can't use it consistently because occasionally the switch causes a system crash. I'm assuming this is due to the sudden jump in frequency/voltage, so I have to run my gaming overclock all the time. Not to mention, needing to have XTU open, even if its just in system tray, on low priority, and monitors off, seems to cause up to a 10% decrease in performance while gaming. I'm running an i7 9800x, the gaming profile I have setup is 4.4GHz all cores at 1.25 volts static; 3.0GHz cache at 1.07 volts static; 0 AVX/AVX512 offset.

The normal profile I have setup is 3.8GHz all cores at 1.08 volts static; 2.4GHz cache at .87 volts static; 10 AVX/AVX512 offset.

Any fix for this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello angras, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

We do not support overclocking, meaning that we do not provide recommendations to change the frequencies/voltages of the processors either using the system BIOS or Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU). We recommend using the system with the default settings. 

You might want to check the following link for some basic instructions: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/resources/overclocking-xtu-guide.html 

Please keep in mind that altering clock frequency or voltage may void any product warranties and reduce stability, security, performance, and life of the processor and other components. Check with system and component manufacturers for details. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello angras, 

I hope the previous information was useful to you.

Please remember that we do not support overclocking and that we recommend keeping the default settings.

I will proceed to close this inquiry, if you need further assistance please submit a new post as this one will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

Sebastian M 

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos