Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

XTU Component Device on Windows 11

AlasAramu
Beginner

Hi.

When I reach the Device management, it shows this error:

meko07_0-1650909645072.png

The device driver for this hardware cannot be loaded because a ancestor instance of the device driver is still in memory. (code 38)

The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory.

I tried everything: uninstalling and reinstalling the Extreme Tuning Utility in safe mode, but when I reinstall, the problem is still there.

I also came to another problem: my CPU reaches high temperatures and 100% occupancy VERY often, so I have to restart the PC because it becomes very slow and jerky. I don't know if it could be related to the problem above.

I attached the scan of my PC with the Intel SSU software.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

XTU does not support your i7-10750H.

XTU only supports X and K processors.

You should not be using XTU.

Personally, I would backup my data, and do a fresh install, and do not attempt to use XTU.

As far as the high temperature, check your fans, and make sure you have adequate ventilation.   If you built the PC yourself, make sure the thermal paste is properly applied and your cooling system is adequate.

If this is a laptop, make sure your bios is updated.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
AlasAramu
Beginner

Hi alHill, and thanks for the reply.

I am not using XTU, because i don't need them.

I am trying to uninstall the components from the Device management. The problem is that whenever I uninstall them from it, when i restart they are there again and again. Is there a possibility to definitively uninstall these components?

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

Since XTU is not "valid" for your cpu, perhaps there is some corruption in the files or with registry keys...

You can try the steps here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032459/processors/processor-utilities-and-programs.html

0 Kudos
Torento
Beginner

I do have exactly the same problem. Still unable to solve it.

0 Kudos
Torento
Beginner

Hello AlasAramu, I do have the same notebook and since I have uploaded it to windows 11 I also have heating and this problem. Do you know how to solve it?

0 Kudos
Abel_
Beginner

This is generated by an old driver, my procedure was as follows:

Uninstall
Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU), then reboot.

1. Use the program everything 1.4.1... and look for everything found with iocbios in my case I had the iocbios2.sys I got the paths and delete those files (Note: if you can't delete them I recommend you in the properties tab - -> security --> Advanced options --> Where it says owner change to the user they are using --> Check the box: Replace all permission entries... --> Apply --> OK --> then en the previous window click the user "everyone" --> Edit --> Full Control --> Apply and OK)

2. Look in REGEDIT for the following iocbios2.sys and delete the folder that contained it. In my case, the folder was Intel(R) Overclocking Device Driver, it was here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Intel(R) Overclocking Device drivers

then reboot again. install: Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) 7.11.1.5, latest version to date.

I rebooted and the error was fixed.

I hope to be helpful...

Greetings

0 Kudos