Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

XTU Driver version present on this machine is too low compared to the version of the Windows App

igby
Beginner

Intel XTU 7.5.3.3 (currently the latest) complains that the XTU driver version is too low.

The iocbios2.sys file is version 7.5.0.10 which is lower than the XTU app version 7.5.3.3. I confirmed XTU 7.5.3.3 installs that 7.5.0.10 version of iocbios2.sys because I uninstalled XTU, restarted, deleted all copies of iocbios2.sys off my drive, reinstalled XTU, and iocbios2.sys 7.5.0.10 was back again (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\iocbios2.sys FileVersion:  7.5.0.10 CreationTimeUtc 9/16/2021 11:22:46 PM).

GUI.*.log has error: 

!ERR] Could not find a PerfTuneService instance

then further down: 

!ERR] The XTU Driver version present on this machine is too low compared to the version of the Windows App

XtuCore.*.log ends with error -

!ERR] Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ResolutionFailedException: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "IronCity.XtuApplication.ITuning"

The error when launching XTU is - 

Unable to start Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility. If there is another performance tuning application running, you must close it before trying to start this application.

I followed this article but no joy - 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032459/processors/processor-utilities-and-programs.html

I also uninstalled yet again, deleted a bunch of files and reg entries related to XTU including C:\Windows\System32\drivers\iocbios2.sys which was still present even after rebooting after the XTU uninstall. Installed again, no joy.

If the error is to be believed - XTU Driver version present on this machine is too low compared to the version of the Windows App - then XTU 7.5.3.3 includes the wrong version - 7.5.0.10 - of iocbios2.sys.

Win11 + 12900K CPU + MSI MAG Z690 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4 motherboard with latest BIOS version 7D32v10

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello igby

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. You mentioned that XTU shows an older version being installed, could you please share a screenshot with us? Which processor do you use? Please also share the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results:

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos