Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

XTU I7-8750H settings for ICCMax

LM2
Beginner

Hello,

While dropping my core voltage offset to -0.115v, I noticed that the next setting down is:

Processor Core IccMax

it is set at 128.000A, I do not remember if this was the original setting, and how do I determine if this is a default, too high or safe? I do not remember adjusting this myself.

Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello OldShaky2080,

Thank you for joining this community; it will be more than a pleasure to assist you.

In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

As well, can you please provide us with the Intel (R) XTU version that you are running?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
LM2
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

The XTU version is:

Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility v6.4 Version Number: 6.4.1.23 Release type: MR Release Date: 05 /18/2018

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello OldShaky2080,

Thank you for your patience.

In this case, if you do not have any special or customized setting on the BIOS , you can access it a load the defaults of the unit, in that way Intel® Extreme Tuning (Intel® XTU) will read the BIOS values and take them back to normal.

Please consider that Intel® XTU tool can be used by any device but it is specially designed for desktop systems, since you own an OEM equipment, we don't really know where the readings are coming from, especially that most of the BIOS setting are coming from system manufacturer and most of the time, are pre-defined.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
LM2
Beginner

Thank you.

I will reset the bios to default just in case.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello OldShaky2080,

Thank you for your response.

That sounds fine, let us know if you need further assistance, so we can provide you with the right guidance.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello OldShaky2080,

We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance.

Please don't hesitate on contacting us back.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos