Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

XTU Install Failed

49ersfan
Beginner

I wanted to update the Tuning app, but kept getting a setup failed error. Followed previous posts to uninstall and delete the old version pieces and make sure there were no services running. My system i5-12650K, MSI mobo z690-A, Samsung SSD 980 Pro. The old version was, I think, 10.1.3. Here is the error log. My old version was working fine.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello 49ersfan,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues installing the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU). I will be glad to assist you.

We appreciate the log information you have provided. In order to proceed working on this, please provide the following information:

As well, make sure you have the latest BIOS version installed.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
49ersfan
Beginner

Hi Steven,

There is xtu hidden everywhere. I went to the link you sent and I don’t have a file with the exact name in step 1, picture attached. I’m also sending a file with the xtu c: search and the error message.

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

I appreciate your response.

I would like to investigate more about this. In order to do so, please download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
49ersfan
Beginner

I ran the scan. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your response.

I will keep working on this and as soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello 49ersfan,

Many thanks for your patience on this matter.

We have tried to replicate the installation issue using the same processor, but we were unable to, the program installed without any issues. In this case, our recommendation is contacting us through any of our Intel Customer Support channels for a possible remote session and further troubleshooting steps:

U.S. and Canada: Intel Customer Support https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Chat support: http://intelsupportchat.force.com/icslivechat/ics_tech_processor_ww_english_Chat

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos