Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

XTU - Run on Startup?

CPasc8
Beginner

First of all , XTU is a godsend for laptop owners.

I'm currently running XTU on task scheduler as an alternative for running it on startup (because sometimes the settings are lost without crashing, which I am unable to faithfully replicate , but that is a complicated bugfix , and also I'm unable to create a profile , only default is available)

It runs but on maximized window setting , I was hoping that maybe someone knows a parameter to add to run it on startup and minimized (on tray) or if a feature is coming , I think implementing this natively will greatly benefit Intel Product owners across the globe.

Thanks so much Intel!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello CPasc8,

Thank you for your response, 

I would like to inform you that our Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) does not have the capability/feature of automatically startup (unless you use the shell:startup feature of Windows*). I think it is also worth mentioning that the Intel® XTU has not been designed for locked processors (no K or X).

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.  

Let me know if you have any additional inquiry or request.

Regards, 

Esteban Ch. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is your processor model number?

Doc

CPasc8
Beginner

First , thank you for taking a part of your time on responding to my question.

I can't see how the processor's model # would come into play into this as this is (almost a) feature request on an Intel Software.

My laptop's processor is a i5-8300H

Pardon , what is Doc ? Is that your signature ?

Are you a Intel Staff on a Customer Account ?

Please forgive me with my questions

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

It is important because XTU is only for X and K processors. Your processor is not supported by XTU.

"Doc" is my signature. And, I have the word "(Customer)" next to my name, just like you.

Like the header on the home page says "This is a community forum where members can ask and answer questions about Intel products."

Doc

CPasc8
Beginner

> "Doc" is my signature. And, I have the word "(Customer)" next to my name, just like you.

> Like the header on the home page says "This is a community forum where members can ask and answer questions about Intel products."

Understood, Thanks for your response!

Just to be clear , I am not specifically seeking help from a staff member. Any help is appreciated. I was just curious because I saw your profile and you had been an enormous help to the members. And I was curious if you were an Intel Staff on a customer account.

I asked about "doc" because I couldn't discern if it was your signature or a codeword for something that I need to search.

Also please forgive my broken english if it comes off rude.

---

> It is important because XTU is only for X and K processors. Your processor is not supported by XTU.

Now I'm scratching my head real hard.

I used XTU to undervolt my cpu and I'm getting minus 10-15 degrees off during stress tests and use (@ -0.160v).

If this is the case I might need to switch to ThrottleStop.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello CPasc8,

I was checking your case, and I would like to know if you need further assistance? 

Regards,

Esteban Ch.

CPasc8
Beginner

Yes please , is there a way we could add it on startup (without adding it to task scheduler) and hopefully automatically minimized to tray?

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello CPasc8,

Thank you for your response, 

I would like to inform you that our Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) does not have the capability/feature of automatically startup (unless you use the shell:startup feature of Windows*). I think it is also worth mentioning that the Intel® XTU has not been designed for locked processors (no K or X).

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.  

Let me know if you have any additional inquiry or request.

Regards, 

Esteban Ch. 

LPinh1
Beginner

Is possible add support to open XTU minimized?

0 Kudos
CPasc8
Beginner

Apparently you can't , specially if you are running it to undervolt an unsupported processor

0 Kudos
LPinh1
Beginner
My cpu is 7700hq Em sex, 4 de out de 2019 09:33, Intel Forums <supportreplies@intel.com> escreveu:
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You have an H processor. XTU is only for K and X processors.

Doc

0 Kudos