Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14961 Discussions

XTU Setup keeps Failing

SmartOne_2000
New Contributor I

I tried to update XTU to the latest version (7.14.1.12) tonight and was successful (13900K, 128GB DDR4 ram, Win 10 Pro). Then as suggested, I rebooted and XTU failed to run.

I tried to rerun setup and was told setup failed due to a prior existing installation. I tried to uninstall it several times. It would say it is uninstalled but actually was not. Anyways, I eventually managed to uninstall XTU, to the best of my knowledge, but still Setup fails as shown below.

XTUSetup_Fail.jpg

I have searched for solutions in this forum, but none exists except to reset my PC, which is not an option. Do you have a utility to remove lingering drivers, etc bcuz the logs keep saying I'm running XTU, yet no XTU Service is not running.

I have attached the required diagnostic files. Thanks!

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello SmartOne_2000,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Intel® XTU should install without issues if you have administrative rights. Can you confirm trying installation in an administrator account?

Error: "Setup Failed" in Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)

Additionally, since you mentioned that you have tried uninstalling the application (Intel XTU) several times. Kindly check if the first two-steps mentioned on this reference link below has been completed and including the steps to completely remove the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility.

How to Uninstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)

We will wait for your reply.

Best regards, 

Jeanette C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello SmartOne_2000,

We'll check on this query and we will post an update once it's available. 

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

JeanetteC_Intel

Hello SmartOne_2000,

Intel® XTU should install without issues if you have administrative rights. Can you confirm trying installation in an administrator account?

Error: "Setup Failed" in Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)

Additionally, since you mentioned that you have tried uninstalling the application (Intel XTU) several times. Kindly check if the first two-steps mentioned on this reference link below has been completed and including the steps to completely remove the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility.

How to Uninstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)

We will wait for your reply.

Best regards, 

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
SmartOne_2000
New Contributor I

Hi Jeanette ... sorry for the delayed response. All is good now. Thank you for helping me fix the problem.

God bless!

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hi SmartOne_2000,

I may have overlooked your last comment. We're glad to know that the problem has been fixed.

Should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel®.

Sincerely,

Jeanette C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos