Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

XTU Unable to start because of system incompatiblity

Slager
Beginner

Hi, 

For some reason my XTU stopped working on my win 11 pc. I had used it before and didn't change antyhing specific in my bios or windows settings. I attach a system support scan so that you might be able to tell me whats incompatible.

The unable to start message mentions latest BIOS patch which I know I have, latest windows update which I also have or Undervolt Protection enabled in BIOS which I am unsure about but I didn't change anything other than using a default XMP profile on the motherboard.

It also mentions core isolation and that it has to be enabled which it is.

Please help!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Slager,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility.

In order to better assist you, please try the following:  

1. Uninstall any overclocking tool installed on your computer if there is any.

2. Perform a complete uninstallation of the tool and reinstall it:

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Slager
Beginner

Unfortunetly same thing happens even after a full uninstall and reinstall. There is no oc tools other than xtu

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Slager, 

Thanks for your confirmation. In this case,  the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility has been presenting some issues when core isolation, virtual machine, or hyper-v was enabled.

As a test, and if you feel comfortable, check if these features are disabled on Windows. You can use the following link, but I recommend you to check with Microsoft directly to confirm that the steps are correct:

1. Options to Optimize Gaming Performance in Windows 11: https://prod.support.services.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/options-to-optimize-gaming-performance-in-windows-11-a255f612-2949-4373-a566-ff6f3f474613#:~:text=Select%20Start%20%2C%20enter%20'Core%20Isolation,need%20to%20restart%20your%20device.

2. Virtualization applications don't work together with Hyper-V, Device Guard, and Credential Guard: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/application-management/virtualization-apps-not-work-with-hyper-v

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Slager, 

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Slager, 

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos