Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14400 Discussions

XTU Will Not Save Settings

BBigi
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I have yet to successfully get the XTU application to save my OC settings and automatically apply my custom profile upon reboot, even when perfectly stable. I make sure to apply, save, and benchmark the settings after every adjustment. Whatever I'm missing I would greatly appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction. I'm working with a Core i& 8700K and the latest version of XTU. If anyone has the answer and could also provide instructions on the fix that would be perfect! Thanks in advance!

Best,

Brad

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello bbigio00,

Thank you for joining the Processors Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the Intel® XTU.

I would like to confirm some information regarding your system configuration, please see below;

Thank you.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/120139 bbigio00,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
AR
Beginner

hello there,

I bought a new machine, Lenovo P1 with intel Xeon processor, and I have been trying to use intel XTE to undervolt my laptop to reduce the power consumption and therefore to bring the temperature down, however everytime I change the setting and I "save" the settings, next time I boot up the setting would be lost and the default ones will be used instead. Why are my settings not getting saved?

RWagn12
Beginner

XTU will not save my settings either. I can see questions going back more than 4 years, but zero solutions.

I have an Acer Predator 300 that I like other than its overheating.

Finally I find this utility, which seems to work, but then it won't save the settings I input.

I have the I7-7700 2.8 GHz , 16GB RAM, Windows 10 64bit

0 Kudos