Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14397 Discussions

XTU didn't read my GPU ram capacity correctly

Chihuahua
Beginner

I am using 12700k with evga 3070xc3, and my xtu is the latest version 

and this occurred

1.png

don't know if it has any connection with issue that every time i open my pc 5 beeps before entering os(z690 aorus elite ddr4  bios:f5f) 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Chihuahua,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Was it working before?
  2. Have you checked the beeping issue with the motherboard manufacturer?
  3. What version of Intel® XTU are you using?

Also, please download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Chihuahua
Beginner

1.it's my first time using XTU,and i didn't check the detail very carefully.

2.the latest bios version or maybe the fast boot option enable solved the beeping problem.

3.xtuversion.png

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Chihuahua,

Thank you for the information provided, based on the results of the Intel® SSU tool, the amount of VRAM for your video card is 4GB so that is why the Intel® XTU is showing that same information. 

Based on NVIDIA's website, the amount of VRAM of the RTX 3070 should be 8GB, is it possible to test the graphics card in another system and check if the issue persists? Let me know if you are able to perform this. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Chihuahua
Beginner

Dear Josue O.  

sorry i don't have another device to check the 3070,but when i look into the task manager it shows the correct ram capacity , which is 8 GB, GPUramCapacity.png.

However, i'm going to upgrade to EVGA 3080 ftw3 recently, and i will try to test if the ram capcity is correct or not again, thanks for your quick reply , i'll reply again if something goes wrong.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Chihuahua,

Thank you for the information provided, please try using the 3080 and share with us the results. 

In the meantime, we will further investigate the issue and post back soon with more details soon. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Chihuahua,

In this case, please try using the latest XTU version that was released recently (version 7.6.0.37), you can download it here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/17881/intel-extreme-tuning-utility-intel-xtu.html

In case the issue persists, please share with us the full screenshot of where you are looking at the information.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Chihuahua,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Chihuahua
Beginner

Dear Josue O.

Due to the holiday weekend, i'm not able to recieve my 3080 this week , so i'll try my 3080 with the latest version of XTU next week, then i'll reply back to you and that u know if anything is working perfectly or not. sorry for my late reply.

Happy New Year,

Chihuahua.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Chihuahua,

Don't worry, we will wait for you to receive the GPU next week and check if everything is working fine. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Chihuahua
Beginner

Dear Josue O.

My new Gpu has arrived yesterday, i was able to installed it and test the XTU's GPU ram capacity issue.

Unfortunately, the XTU still showing that my new 3080 has only 4GB of vram, i uninstalled XTU before i put my GPU into my PC, and then i ran some stress test using furmark and 3Dmark,  i even tried playing some game like Apex and Tarkov, everything is working perfectly.

After that, i installed the latest version of xtu ,which is 7.6.0.37, to check the info is correct or not  and here we are.

I hope this help you guys in some way, Good luck! 

1.png2.png

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Chihuahua,

Thank you for the information provided.  

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Chihuahua,

In this case, it is important for you to know that XTU is not intended to diagnose the system, especially 3rd party components. 

To confirm the usability and specs of 3rd party devices, our recommendation is to use the apps and tools provided by the manufacturers. 

Since this is a misreading of the tool, you can be sure this is not a hardware issue and everything will work without issues. 

Hope this information is useful, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos