Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

XTU doesn't launch on Windows 11

iamstuff
Beginner

Every time I attempt to launch XTU v 7.5.5.3 I get the message seen in the screenshot:

"Unable to start Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility. If there is another performance tuning application running, you must close it before trying to start this application."

I don't have any performance tools for CPU installed. Only EVGA Precision X1 for GPU. This was working perfectly on Windows 10. I upgraded to Windows 11 and this error happens.

The event logs provide some info

My Windows 11 Build is listed in the screenshot.

My event log is listed in the screenshot

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello iamstuff

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. 

In order to have a better understating of your system, please download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Also please share with us the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel XTU) logs, in order to do that follow this steps:

Disk C > tab view > hidden item check>program data > intel > Intel XTU > ctrl C > paste on the desktop > right click on the file > send to > compressed zip>send

After installing Windows 11, did you perform a clean install of Intel(R) XTU?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello iamstuff,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello iamstuff,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos