Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

XTU no longer working - not starting, saying another tuning app is running, but is not

HGoon
Beginner

I had XTU running on my Dell G7 2019, win10, (i7-9750h​ ) however after a BIOS update, upon starting up XTU it's failing to start, claiming another tuning app is running when there actually isn't anything else.

I've uninstalled the pre-installed Alienware tools just to make sure, however this has not fixed the issue. Why was it working fine, and now no longer starting up?

Please help!​ I've tried uninstalling xtu and reinstalling it to be success also..

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

XTU is not supported on your processor.

You should contact Dell for assistance, as they are responsible for your support and warranty, and it is their bios.

Doc

0 Kudos
HGoon
Beginner

Hi Al.Hill - how come XTU was previously supported and now it is not? Why did it stop all of a sudden? So you know?

I' using XTU to do an undervolting and wwhich is keeping my copy under 100deg Celsius .. very frustrating it's not working over night...

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Just look at the processors that are supported on the XTU download page. You will not find your processor. XTU is only for X and K processors.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075

Doc

0 Kudos