Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

XTU on Windows 11

rodrigoyasuda
Novice

So, I just upgraded to Windows 11, but started getting this error:

Unable to start Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. If there is another performance tuning application running, you must close it before trying to start this application.

I am using XTU 7.5.3.3, which supposedly supports Windows 11, according to XTU Download page (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/17881/29183/intel-extreme-tuning-utility-intel-xtu.html)

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling it, and I also followed this tutorial to remove it completely but I still get the same error message: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032459/processors/processor-utilities-and-programs.html

Does anyone know how to fix this? It was working when I was on Windows 10.

Thanks in advance.

xtu.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello rodrigoyasuda, 

Based on the information provide and the troubleshooting steps performed so far, the next thing to try would be a clean installation of the operating system. 

Also, you can check with Microsoft first (since it was working with Windows 10) to confirm if there is any compatibility issue with some programs in the new Windows version.

Regards,   

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

46 Replies
JeanSagi
Novice
Welcome to the real (Intel/Microsoft) world

Just kidding...

Maybe in some two to three years Intel/Microsoft will implement a fix for this...

In the mean time the only plausible solution I can think of is to downgrade to windows 10 and then XTU should run again.

Cheers!

J.

0 Kudos
A55imilator
Novice
Actullay this is also broken in Win 10 if Hyper-V and / or core isolation is enabled.
0 Kudos
JeanSagi
Novice

Well I had 7.5.3.3 working flawlessly on Windows 10 and just after upgrading to Windows 11 it automagically stopped working and I had Hyper-V installed and working because I could play backups create with Macrium Reflect.

Any of that is working now BTW...

J.

0 Kudos
AndreyCh89
New Contributor I

Dear Intel Support service, when will the problem you recognized be solved: "Core Isolation Memory Integrity, Hyper-V, and Virtual Machine State are incompatible with XTU. XTU is unable to function when these features are enabled."?

A55imilator
Novice
Intel need to work with Microsoft to fix this on our behalf, Intel need to make commitment to gamers that want to overclock can do so in a safe and secure way without compromising modern security practises.