Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14537 Discussions

Xeon 2660v2 Plastic Frame

STown
Beginner

Hi,

I bought a second hand 2660v2 which has come but has a frame around the CPU.

I want to put this in a ASRock EPC602D8A but unsure if the frame is needed or not as I have only ever installed CPU's that have had no frames on them.

Please see the attached image for what I mean by frame.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello SmanUK,

I understand that you are not sure whether to use the plastic frame or not to install the processor in the motherboard.

Regarding that, after analyzing the picture I determined that the plastic frame is simply a protector frame that was sent inside that ESD bag. This means that you simply need to remove the processor from it and install it normally in the motherboard.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello SmanUK,

I understand that you are not sure whether to use the plastic frame or not to install the processor in the motherboard.

Regarding that, after analyzing the picture I determined that the plastic frame is simply a protector frame that was sent inside that ESD bag. This means that you simply need to remove the processor from it and install it normally in the motherboard.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
STown
Beginner

It had some glue/sticky around two side of it holding it on but I was able to remove it and clean it up with some IPA.

Fits a lot better now, thanks

Scott

0 Kudos