Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14504 Discussions

Xeon E-2104G vs i3-8300T ( vs i3-8300)

CBäck
Beginner

Hi. Whats the difference between E-2104G and i3-8300T? What i can see is only differences on memory (size & speed), vPro and TSX-NI. But there are major differences to the TDP. How come?

Also, whats the difference between i3-8300T and the i3-8300? Apart from the clock frequencies? Can i get the same TDP with just downclocking the i3-8300 to the same specs as the i3-8300T?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello CBäck, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. To answer your question, the two processors you listed are designed to work in different work environments, for example, the Intel ® I3-8300T was designed to work in a desktop computer while the Xeon* processor you have mentioned was designed to work with servers, meaning that the workload will be higher than a regular desktop computer. Also, I have made a comparison between both that you can refer to for further analysis: https://ark.intel.com/compare/129943,134929 I hope this helps. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello CBäck, I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you. If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos