Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Xeon L3110 support on Intel S3210SHLC?

idata
Employee

Hello,

does the Intel S3210SHLC Mainboard support the Xeon L3110 CPU?

http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLGP9 http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLGP9

according to the "Tested Processor List", not. any change in sight here?

also i´m wondering if i could estimate a significant difference in power usage which would justify the price premium, as the 65W TDP CPUs are

already very economically.

thanks for your input

regards

0 Kudos
13 Replies
HERBERT_H_Intel
Employee

with regards to future compatibility, your best best is to contact intel support and ask them directly.

Seeing as these low voltage processors are rated as 45Watts. you would save in theory around 175kWh per year if running 24/7.

OJ

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
HERBERT_H_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

okay, support request send.

0 Kudos
Casey_H_Intel

Hello Bloodwurst,

Good news! I just confirmed that the Intel® Xeon® processor L3110 is supported by the Intel® Server Board S3210SHLC.

The team is working to update the tested processor list.

Casey H.

Intel Customer Support

* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
HERBERT_H_Intel
Employee

i was doing some search but didn't come up with anything specific. is there a big price difference between the normal version of the 3110 and the low voltage?

OJ

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

the E3110 is listed here in germany for 157€, the L3110 (45W TDP) costs about 230€, so yes there is a significant difference

0 Kudos
HERBERT_H_Intel
Employee

that is quite a difference. and it seems it would take a least a couple of years for the power savings to pay the extra price of the processor.

but from an environmental point of view it is well worth it.

OJ

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

yes it would take quite some time...

as the E3110 runs far below its 65W TDP i´m wondering what possible savings are there with a L3110 for instance

and i´m not speaking of hypothetical estimations

0 Kudos
HERBERT_H_Intel
Employee

I haven't had a chance to work with these new 45nm 3100 series processors.

Maybe soneone form intel will read this and give us a little insight in actual results using tools like SPECpower.

OJ

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

are there any power consumption figures around for this particular CPU or actually in comparison with the E3110 (65W TDP Version) ?

regards

edit: with regard to SPECpower - i couldn´t find any benchmarks for the L3110, only for CPUs like L3360/X3360/X3220 and older 3070

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

looks like there are no numbers for the L3110 around ..

0 Kudos