Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14530 Discussions

Xeon Phi x200

ZAlno
Beginner

Hi !

i want to build system form scratch based on the Xeon Phi x200 processors and having difficulties to find the right components.

My question is, what motherboard is used for these processors ? can i use the new generation Scalable processors

socket and motherboards with the Phi x200 ( for example using the Xeon Phi on ASUS Z11PA-D8 Server CEB Motherboard )

and what dose the LGA 3647 socket that is specifically designed for the Phi x200 Series accept rather than Phi processors.

Regards...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello ZAlno,

Thank you for joining the community

Looks like you are confusing 2 different families of processors. We know they look similar because of their form factor but they are not compatible with each other. The Xeon Phi x200 (Knights Landing family) was the original to use a 3647 socket form factor but this socket full code is FCLGA3647. The one you refer compatible with the ASUS Z11PA-D8 Server CEB Motherboard is a Xeon Scalable (Skylake family). The socket code is FCLGA3647.

For the Xeon Phi x200 the only compatible Intel board is the S7200AP which is a compute node that needs to be installed in a Bobcat peak chassis.

This is the comparison for a Knights Landing with a Skylake taken from ark.intel.com

Here you can see the details for the S7200AP compute node board.

Hope it helps

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello ZAlno,

I am just following up to double check if you found the provided information useful. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this ticket as resolved. This support interaction will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello ZAlno,

We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Jose A.

0 Kudos