Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14502 Discussions

Xeon d-1520/1521 LRDIMM Support

BSmit64
Beginner

Hi there,

I just bought two boards with Xeon D-1520 and D-1521 processors on and I have also purchased 8x Samsung M386A4K40BB0-CRC5Q, which is LRDIMM as I found out after I bought them.

My boards will not boot, complaining about unsupported memory - when I read the specs on ark.intel.com for the Xeon d-1520/21 I don't see any mention of either UDIMM/RDIMM/LRDIMM or any other types of memory.

How do I find out if its the CPU that does not support LRDIMM or if its the board/chipset?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Actually, you need to look at what kind(s) of memory your motherboard's BIOS will support. Check the BIOS Reference Manual to determine this. Since you didn't say what motherboard you are using, I can't help you here. If you cannot determine this yourself, best to call the support folks for your motherboard vendor.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Actually, you need to look at what kind(s) of memory your motherboard's BIOS will support. Check the BIOS Reference Manual to determine this. Since you didn't say what motherboard you are using, I can't help you here. If you cannot determine this yourself, best to call the support folks for your motherboard vendor.

...S

0 Kudos