Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

Xeon equivalent to consumer grade cpus

frodoz737
Beginner

First time here.  Looking for the equivalent Xeon cpu to the i9-12900.  Reference my last purchase was an X3380 to the Q9650.  In other words...Xeon cpus that work on 1700 socket motherboards. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

It is not just socket compatibility you need to be concerned with.  The motherboard bios MUST also support the Xeon processor.   Ask your motherboard manufacturer what processors are supported by THEIR bios.   If a Xeon is in the list, there is your answer.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

It is not just socket compatibility you need to be concerned with.  The motherboard bios MUST also support the Xeon processor.   Ask your motherboard manufacturer what processors are supported by THEIR bios.   If a Xeon is in the list, there is your answer.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, frodoz737.

As AlHill mentioned, the best option is to review the list of supported processors provided by manufacturer of the motherboard you are currently using, or intend to use, in order to confirm if a Xeon processor is supported on that platform.

Additionally, the Intel ARK site offers the option to filter products by specific characteristics, but there are no "equivalent" Xeon processors that use the same socket:

- https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/search/featurefilter.html?productType=873&1_Filter-SocketsSupported=3856

If we can help you with anything else, please let me know, otherwise I will proceed to close the thread on June 27th.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, frodoz737.

This post is to inform you about the case closure as mentioned in my last post.

The thread will be closed right now, and no longer monitored by Intel support, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, just open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos