Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Xeon scalable silver 4112 or 4108 complete specs turbo / vps / memory channels

FVito1
Beginner

Hi, i need complete specs about xeon silver 4112 and 4108 on memory bandwidth single,dual,quad,six channel

and how much vp's i can put on 4112 with "security" ?

Better on environment i can use one 4108 or 1 4112 ?

If no have database i think is better use one 4108 because i can handle more vm's etc.. and other good question he have 1.8 ghz when use turbo how much cores ? or all cores can go to 3.00 ?

need this information for clock hungry calculations in my environment.

Other question if someone can help me, iometer can test environment with no impact on disks ?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Doctor_IT_Fabio,

In regard to your questions, my answers are the following for the Intel® Xeon® Silver 4112 and Intel® Xeon® Silver 4108 processors.

• Complete specs about xeon silver 4112 and 4108 on memory bandwidth single, dual, quad, six channel?

Both processors support up to 6 memory channels and a maximum of 768GB supported. Now, how the memory bandwidth will be handled; it will change according to the motherboard specifications.

• How much virtual machines (vm's) can I put on 4112 with "security?

The Intel® Xeon® Silver 4112 Processor has 4 Cores. The number of virtual machines capable to run at the same time will depend on how many Cores will be assigned to the Host and each virtual machine. My suggestion one Core per each virtual machine.

• Can all processor Cores run at 3.00 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology?

Intel® Turbo Boost Technology dynamically increases the processor's frequency as needed by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom.

The maximum speed on each Core of the processor will be different. Only one Core will reach 3.00 GHz.

• Can iometer test environment with no impact on disks?

I am not familiar with iometer tool. Intel has a stress test for the processors called Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool version: 4.1.0.27

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Regards,

Miguel C

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
FVito1
Beginner

need GB/S memory bandwidth please.. of 4112 and 4108 or 4110

dual channel >

quad channel >

six channel >

(only medium rates.. this need on datasheet but have nothing)

good for know ... only 1 core reach 3.00 ghz on turbo boost.

iometer is for disks software... a benchmark to tells how much iops can get etc... but need know how to config and if have impact on environment...

intel is missing this informations .. idk why ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Doctor_IT_Fabio,

I am still looking for the processor information related to the speed supported according to the memory arrangement. I will try to get an answer in 24 to 48 hours.

In regard to Iometer and Dynamo tools, Intel discontinued the support in 2000 and it was given to Open Source Development Lab (OSDL).

More details at http://www.iometer.org/

Regards,

Miguel C

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
FVito1
Beginner

but iometer is for use in disks, i think all disks support this benchmark i try use this in future then .. i see people using on benchmarks few years ago

or have other good software benchmark simulations read / write to test disks ?

and thank you for you efforts to get memory ram bandwidth infos

if u can get some info about intel CAS if keep using or intel update to other software ?

memory overhead of intel CAS keep 2% per total cache config ?

0 Kudos
FVito1
Beginner

anyone have replies about 6 channel ram ? please

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Doctor_IT_Fabio,

I have requested an update to my upper level in regard to your request (memory channel bandwidth). I am sorry for the delay in the answer.

The current tool available for drives is called Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox. It reviews Drive health, Estimated drive life remaining and more. It is not exactly a performance test tool.

Available at: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27656/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox

Regards,

Miguel C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
FVito1
Beginner

No problem miguel and its not very urgent question, intel can reply me in more 2 weeks, dont worry, its not very big vital question for my environment, only one aditional.

ssd estimator i know it, dont worry

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Doctor_IT_Fabio,

Thank you for waiting for and excuse us for the delay on the answer.

I am still waiting for the update from our upper level.

Regards,

Miguel C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
FVito1
Beginner
0 Kudos
FVito1
Beginner

need the bandwidth of 5122 too, very strange cost

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Doctor_IT_Fabio,

Following your case, we would like to know which applications are you planning to run with these Scalable processors and the reason you are interested to know on the memory bandwidth architecture.

Regards,

Miguel C

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Doctor_IT_Fabio,

I am reviewing your request. Could you please provide us which applications are you planning to run with these Xeon® Scalable processors and the reason you are interested to know on the memory bandwidth architecture.

Regards,

Miguel C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos