Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14534 Discussions

Z590 chipset drivers

74lobster
Beginner

Hi to everyone,

I have an Z590 - Asus Rog Maximus XIII Hero mobo and Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 installed.

When I try to update the Intel chipset drivers to Version: 10.1.18716.8265 (Latest) Date: 3/31/2021, Windows 10 crashes with a BSOD green page screen.

Someone else has the same issue ?

How I can fix it ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You are using the chipset INF provided by ASUS, correct?   If their INF fails, contact them.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

74lobster
Beginner
No, I am using the .exe file downloaded from the Intel site.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Try the one provided by ASUS.

74lobster
Beginner
I installed them, but they are not updated...
When I try to update using the executable file provided by Intel, near the end of the installation, Windows 10 crashes with a green BSOD screen...
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Provide the Intel link you are using.

Also, driver hypochondria can be cured.

n_scott_pearson
Super User

So here are my suggestions,

1. If the version of Windows 10 is not 21H1, 20H2, 20H1 or 19H2, then you need to update your version of Windows 10 before anything else. Go to the Settings | Updates & Security | Windows Update page, click on Check for Updates and look at the optional components that are identified. This should identify the package(s) necessary to upgrade.
  2. As Al has advised, you want to install the version of the Chipset Device Software (aka INF Update) package that is provided by your motherboard/system vendor. *HOW* you install it should be different, however. Use the following procedure:
    1. Extract the contents of the ZIP file to a temporary folder.
    2. NOTE: If it comes as an .EXE, you should still be able to extract the folder tree if you have a good ZIP tool (7-ZIP, WinZIP, WinRAR, etc. --  but not the wimpy service built into Windows 10).
    3. Open a Command Prompt or PowerShell window and make the temporary folder the current folder.
    4. Execute command ".\SetupChipset.exe /overall".
    5. Reboot system.
    6. Delete temporary folder and all content.
  3. While I also agree with Al that you will not need to (especially after following the process I just detailed), if you really must, you can also use the same procedure to install the more-recent version that is on the Intel site -- but, you must ensure that the version you choose actually says that it is for your motherboard's/system's chipset. If it fails to install, I would take this as an indication that you need to reinstall Windows 10.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos