Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

ZombieLoad, Fallout and RIDL - Other security vulnerabilities discovered in Intel processors

Piotrek1
Beginner

I have a problem. Namely, I mean how you can do something like "One solution might be to clear or rewrite buffers when switching between applications." How to do it? I am a beginner but would like to know how to do it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You are asking a software development question. This is a product support forum. I suggest that you ask this question in one of the software development forums - perhaps Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring. I can't move your question; you will need to ask it again in that forum.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Piotrek1, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

We do appreciate your feedback and in order to know more about your situation, please provide me with the following information:

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Model name of your processor.

3. Brand and model name of the motherboard used.

4. Are you using the processor for a server environment?

5. How did you discover the vulnerabilities?

6. Do you have a code name/number for these vulnerabilities?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Piotrek1
Beginner

Here you have all the information about my system:

To answer the 4th question, I am not using the CPU in the server environment. In answering question 5, I found out about these vulnerabilities from the Internet. When I answer question 6 I don't have one, but I can find out if you tell me how?

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Piotrek1,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Piotrek1
Beginner

I replied to your post above. I'm sorry it took so long, but I didn't have time. I am studying computer science and I would like to know how to do such things

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Piotrek1, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Piotrek1
Beginner

Don't close this post. I really want to know how to do this

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You are asking a software development question. This is a product support forum. I suggest that you ask this question in one of the software development forums - perhaps Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring. I can't move your question; you will need to ask it again in that forum.

...S

0 Kudos