Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

adaptive voltage for 9980/10980xe not working

Jiangv
Beginner

I got this new i9-10980xe processor for X299 MB overclocking, like the 9980xe, this a problem bothers me a long time now.

in bios I set cou core voltage in adaptive mode, in the parameter additional turbo mode cpu core voltage , I set it to 1.268 for all cores running at 4.6G, but in such config, is os I saw the voltage for every core is different and all went up over 1.3V.

I think there is a problem when MB send voltage signal to CPU, CPU still running in auto mode, so I have to use manual mode to fix voltage to 1.26, but in this mode, even I set avx512 office to 10, still facing overheat problem when running avx512 program

is this could be fixed by intel or MB manufacture?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello 志蒋000

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you are facing some issues when adjusting voltage settings in the motherboard for overclocking purposes.

The Intel® Core™ i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Processor and Intel® Core™ i9-10980XE Extreme Edition Processor both have a Processor Base Frequency of 3.00GHz and what we recommend is running within the specifications and using the default settings in the BIOS.

It is worth mentioning that altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications. 

However, for overclocking enthusiasts, the following links might be helpful:

Overclocking is comprised of many different variables and each individual has their own methodology, all of which carries an element of risk and lie outside the parameters that Intel tests and validates. If you do choose to run outside of published specifications there is the option to purchase a Performance Tuning Protection Plan. For more information, please visit: https://click.intel.com/tuningplan/

Regarding the inquiries on how the motherboard sends the voltage signal to the processor, we kindly recommend you to address these inquiries to the motherboard manufacturer for more accurate instructions on how to set those settings and what would be the impact the may have on the system and performance. The motherboard manufacturer is the one that is familiar with the BIOS settings and the technical specifications.

Also, other community peers might also provide additional suggestions in this thread or on third-party forums for overclocking enthusiasts, for instance: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/

Note: Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Jiangv
Beginner

Thanks Andrew, I will check this with MB manufacture!

0 Kudos