Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

bonjour je voudrai savoir si je pourrai me servir de mon processeur le XEON X5560 slbf4 comme processeur principale et si oui quel BIOS utiliser , quel carte mère choisir et si mon alim' la Corsair cx 500 80 plus bronze serai ok pour l'ensemble. merci

LVall3
Beginner

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AlHill
Super User

If the processor is good, yes, you can use it:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/37109/intel-xeon-processor-x5560-8m-cache-2-80-ghz-6-40-gt-s-intel-qpi.html

It is 10 years old.

What bios? That depends on the motherboard you choose. You will have to find a board that uses socket LGA1366. Then, you will have to ask the board manufacturer if their bios supports that processor.

The power supply will probably be ok.

Doc

0 Kudos
LVall3
Beginner
Merci beaucoup monsieur de m’avoir répondu mais le problème est que je ne sais pas quel carte mère choisir car je trouve des lga1366 mais sur les informations Intel c’est marqué fclga1366 donc je ne pense pas que sa fasse grand chose pour le cpu mais j’aurais bien voulu savoir aussi si il serait assez puissant pour faire tourner des jeux . Merci bonne journée
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

lga1366 and fclga1366 are the same.

Doc

0 Kudos
LVall3
Beginner
Ah d’accord merci mais sinon il serait capable de faire tourné des jeux ??
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

It would depend on the games you want to run.

Doc

0 Kudos
LVall3
Beginner
Et bien dans les spécifications du jeux il est dit qu’il faut minimum un Intel core I5 , 6go de ram au minimum mais je pense que mon xeon est un peu plus puissant que le core i5 le moin puissant non??
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Which core i5? there have been 9 generations the core i5.

Doc

0 Kudos
LVall3
Beginner
Oui je sais très bien mais admettons de la même année que le mien
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

A comparison such as that would be meaningless.

In my opinion, purchase a CURRENT computer, with an i5 processor, and save yourself a lot of time, effort, money, and disappointment.

Doc

0 Kudos
LVall3
Beginner
D’accord mais je pensais qu’il serait quand même plus puissant qu’un i3
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

It "might" be. However, consider that you first need to find a motherboard/bios that supports it.

Then, you need to find the memory.

Then, you need to find a graphics card.

Then, you need to find a case.

Then, you need to find a power supply. The one you have may or may not be adequate.

Then, you need to find a disk drive.

Then, there are other peripherals that may be needed.

To me, this is just not worth the effort for a processor from 2009.

A new computer would be much easier, better, run Windows 10, cost less, AND YOU WILL BE SUPPORTED.

Doc

0 Kudos
LVall3
Beginner
D’accord dommage on m’a a dit que mes xeon était puissant en tout cas je vous remercie infiniment pour vos réponses qui mon été d’une aide précieuse merci beaucoup monsieur
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You are welcome.

Also, I forgot to add processor fan to that list.

Doc

0 Kudos