Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

core i7 7700k won't boot without graphic card ??

Pjazz
Beginner

Hello, I have a core i7 6700k on a MB Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7..I have a weird problem :If I don't put a graphic card on the pci slot, the computer won't boot ... there is a beginning of boot, sometimes going until W10 " automatic repair", but it stops and restarts infinitely.

The internal graphics is enabled in bios ( I can display the bios ), and I use the hdmi output of the MB.

If I connect a graphic card even without a display connected to it, it works fine.

Do you know something about this !!?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DaisyJ_Intel

Hello Pjazz, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

We would like to gain a better understanding of the behavior reported. Please share the details below at your earliest convenience.

• Was the unit working before?
  • Have you performed any recent changes in the software or hardware?
  • Please provide us with the Intel® System Support Utility logs by following the next steps:  
  1. Download the software. 
  2. When finished downloading it, open it. 
  3. Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan. 
  4. When finish scanning, click "Next." 
  5. Click on Save and attach the file to your post. 

We hope to hear from you soon. 

Best Regards, 

Daisy J. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Pjazz
Beginner

Hello !

Thanks for your answer

Yes, the system worked, and it works now, but only if I connect a graphic card, otherwise, it won't boot ( bootloop)

The only change i've made is disconnect the GC. because I saw that it don't support the resolution of my new 4k display ( 3840 x 2160 ) while the output of the Mobo does !

So I dismantle it and saw the problem .. ( the problem exists also with a lower resolution display ).

I installed the last graphic drivers for my system with the intel tool, ... the same.

I can use the PC with the GC in it, with no screen connected to it, but I wonder if this behaviour is normal

This problem exists probably from a long time, because I used this PC with a GC until now !

The GC is GV-N62-512L geforce 6200

Here is the log of the intel support system

Cordialement

Pascal J

On 02-Apr-20 21:39, Intel Forums wrote:

0 Kudos
DaisyJ_Intel

Hello Pjazz, 

Thank you for your response. 

The Intel® System Support Utility report logs were not successfully attached. Please use the clip icon available when posting. 

Please try to boot into safe mode without the dedicated graphics card and let us know the outcome. 

There is another test we would like to run on your system. Please provide the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (IPDT). This report can be run and saved following the below steps: 

1. When IPDT is open please stop the test that runs automatically and click on “Tools”. 
  2. Go to “Config”. 
  3. Go to “Presets”. 
  4. Click on “Burn In Test”. 
  5. Click on "Start Test", The test should take around 2 hours to complete. 
  6. Once the test has fully completed click on “File”. 
  7. Click on “View Results File” then save the text file. Attach the file to your post.

We hope to hear from you soon. 

Best Regards, 

Daisy J. 

0 Kudos
Pjazz
Beginner

OK I'll try the process with the IPDT, I'll let you know

My other attempts : ( all without the GC

)-starting in safe mode

-uninstall the driver of the GC (with a special tool wich erases it completely )... the same, so I dont think the cause is windows

-re-install windows : the install starts, but stops after 10 seconds, and reboots

-mounting the CPU on another mobo ( asus maximus Viii )Same behaviour... ???weird !

But the bios is displayed without problem

I deleted my precedent message : It was the wrong scan, I must redo it

see you soon

Best regards

0 Kudos
DaisyJ_Intel

Hello Pjazz,

Thank you for your response, 

Based on the reports provided and the troubleshooting steps performed we consider that you might be experiencing issues with the Graphics controller hub of your processor.

We recommend you to contact our live support to verify the warranty options of your processor and to check the next steps to follow. You might provide this thread as a reference. 

If you have any other questions or comments, feel free to contact us back.  

Regards, 

Daisy J. 

0 Kudos