Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

cpu i7 3770 prob..

AMani4
Beginner

hye i just recently bought a i7 3770 . . while opening the box i take a good look at the processor when found out there are some lines or or like its was damage .on the ihs (heat spreader) to explain properly posting some pics as you can see at the bottom... these are all on four sides of the processor ... i was worried if the ihs was removed before ..or is it damage . i didn't ordered the mobo as i was not confirm to check cpu or replace it.. please im sharing link for the photos any help will be appreciate3

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello mani008,

Can you please tell us where was the processor purchased? When did you purchase it?

0 Kudos
AMani4
Beginner

Purchased from India and i purchased this from a Retail Store on 26/8/2013

0 Kudos
AMani4
Beginner

Purchased from India and i purchased this from a Retail Store on 26/8/2013.. pLease help is this procssor ok or should i replace it...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Did you notice if any of the security seals were damaged when you got the processor? If not, the my best recommendation is to contact the reseller and get an RMA for it since it is within the first 30 days or contacting your Intel® local support.

Here you will find some information about the local support:

http://www.intel.com/support/csc/ http://www.intel.com/support/csc/

0 Kudos
AMani4
Beginner

As you said Intel can RMA the CPU since it is within the first 30 days... but .. the service center is in India (digicare as per Intel .. records)

So basically visit service center and show them .. . .. on the basics of the posted pics .. Does Intel will replace or will they check and if it works O.k ... then also .. is this still eligible to make an Rma on the basis of the signs on CPU Can you tell .. Please it will really helpful ...

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I recommend you contacting the place of purchase first and replace the unit since it is within the first 30 days.

0 Kudos