Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14530 Discussions

does the i7 8700k work for vr

ckend2
Beginner

GeForce Experience 6_29_2019 8_15_35 PM.pngGeForce Experience 6_29_2019 8_15_59 PM.pngi bought my 8700k about 6 months ago and decided to start trying vr went to nvidias geforce expierince to see if i could and everything checked out except the processor i dont know if im missing a driver or if maybe i just got a bad processor but thought id come here to check

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ckend2,

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

Most Intel® Core™ Desktop 8th Gen Processors support Virtual Reality (VR). 

Intel® Processors  Intel® Core™ Processor Family > Features and Performance

Also, according to NVIDIA's Virtual Reality system requirements, your system meets the CPU requirements since you are using an Intel® Core™ i7-8700K Processor.

Desktop requirements > Intel® Core™ i5-4590 Processor or greater.

Have you tried running a game for testing purposes?

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ckend2,

Let me clarify that most Intel® Core™ Desktop 8th Gen Processors support Virtual Reality (VR) if a discrete graphics card that support this technology is also installed on the system. In other words, it is not possible to enable this technology using the onboard graphics of the processor.

Our recommendation is that you can contact NVIDIA* to check if there is an issue with the VR configuration. It does not seem that the processor is faulty.

Now, you may also run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to check the health of the processor.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ckend2,

Were you able to contact NVIDIA* to get more information about the system requirements for Virtual Reality?

Did you run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to check the health of the processor?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ckend2,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos