Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14510 Discussions

driver and support software

DRain2
Beginner

Hi I run the driver and support software and it checks all Intel products but does not check the proccesor please see below copy and paste reduced of what i get is this normal and riight that the proccesor is not checked if so should i be using a different program or do the proccesors never need to be checked

Devices and Drivers

Processor

Intel® Core™ i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz

• Device Details

• ManufacturerGenuineIntel

• DescriptionIntel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10

• Architecturex64

• # of Cores6

• # of Threads12

• Processor Base Frequency2200 MHz

• Current Voltage8.

• Level 2 Cache1536 Kb

• Level 3 Cache9216 Kb

• Processor Id0x906EA

• AvailabilityRunning at full power

Graphics

Intel® UHD Graphics 630

• Driver DetailsUp to date

Intel® Wireless-AC 9462

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

It did check the processor, and notified you of your graphics.

All seems ok to me.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

It did check the processor, and notified you of your graphics.

All seems ok to me.

Doc

0 Kudos
DRain2
Beginner

Okay thanks was expecting the same as the other items it checked stating UP TO DATE that to me shows it has been checked as for me not being fully conversatant with proccesors a list of stuff means nothing UP TO DATE shows it is correct

Just my short fallings

Cheers

Dave

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You can look under "drivers and software" for your processor here:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/134906/intel-core-i7-8750h-processor-9m-cache-up-to-4-10-ghz.html

As you can see, there is only the graphics driver.

What you should be checking is with the manufacturer of your device/motherboard for bios updates, which contain corrections for your bios as well as security updates.  If you need assistance on bios updates, contact the manufacturer of your device/system.

Doc

0 Kudos
DRain2
Beginner

Hi many thanks for that bit new to doing this stuff myself, how can I check what bios I am running and is there any way to check what the latest bios is

thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What is the complete model number of your laptop/system/motherboard?

In windows 10, right-click on start, select run, and enter MSINFO32.  In the output, it should tell you your bios version/date.  Then, with the info on you laptop/system/motherboard, we will find what the latest is on the manufacturer site.  Then, you are on your own.  Some systems are difficult when updating the bios.

Doc

0 Kudos
DRain2
Beginner

Hi american megatrends E16JEIMS.109, 22/05/19 laptop is an MSI GV628RE running windows 10 64bit bios mode UEFI not sure about mother board but is does say BASE BOARD MSI, MS-16JE, REV:1.0

Anything else please just ask as you are helping me with something that is a bit above my head

Many thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Well, this may have been easier than I thought.  Do you by any chance also have nvidia graphics?

From the model number of your laptop, it would seem that you have the latest bios.

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GV62-8RE#down-bios

Doc

0 Kudos
DRain2
Beginner

hi have nvida control panel

Dave

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Then, you have dual graphics.  That may not mean much to you, but you are one of the rare cases where the intel updates have went without error.  So, congratulations!.

Doc

0 Kudos