Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

drivers and updates

Parthib
Beginner

I want driver updates for Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6570 @ 2.10GHz but cannot..

I also downloaded the intel driver and assistant tool but it could not find any drivers... so i went to the intel discontinued drivers page but could not find my processor...Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6570 ....(intel core processor  .>> legacy  processors)

I thoroughyl searched the discontinued drivers page but could not find my processor......

any one ....... please.... I need drivers updates,,,

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

As I answered in your other thread, there are no driver updates for your processor.  Any other updates that may be available are from your laptop manufacturer.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/42841/intel-core-2-duo-processor-t6570-2m-cache-2-10-ghz-800-mhz-fsb.html

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Parthib
Beginner
Ok I understand what you say ... But can I do actually nothing if I have discontinued processors of Intel .
Means do I have any option in hand to update....
YES or NO
Once again thanks for helping me..
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The answer is essentially No. The reality is that, for most hardware that is more than six years old, not only are the drivers no longer being maintained, but the driver packages are no longer available for download. While I agree with the former (you have to draw a line somewhere), the latter is a disgusting practice and Intel should be ashamed of itself.

…S

0 Kudos
Parthib
Beginner
Thanks for your reply....
But recently I downloaded the avast driver updater ... And it scanned all my drivers and showed that there are driver updates for processors and graphics... So I hurriedly went to the next page... And saw that I need subscription for getting the updates ....
And from there I .... Means got curious that the Intel corporation is not providing the updates how could avast give updates ..though I did not pay.. For the subscriptions..
May I get your answer at this..
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

OMG! Those kinds of apps are all a scam. Stay away from them. 

...S

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"how could avast give updates "

They are incorrect, and thieves.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

And, if you do subscribe, you will likely (without your knowledge) have avast anti-virus installed (which you will never be able to get rid of).

0 Kudos