Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

dual 2.8 GHz processor or 2.8 GHz core 2 duo.

idata
Employee

Are the dual 2.8 GHz processor and the 2.8 GHz core 2 duo processor the same thing or is this two different animals with similar nomenclatures? I want to buy Adobe CS4 Production Premium and the minimum system requirement is a dual 2.8 GHz processor. I have been given vague and conflicting information from various computer vendors regarding this topic. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

dir sir

how to know processor 2.8 GHZ my prod code is BX80571E5500

MM 907806

FPO/ BATCH 3017B593

PLESE VERIVI THE BATCH

THANKS

KISHOR

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

They are 2 very diffirent animals like you put it. For Adobe CS4 a dual or quad core CPU is sufficient. If you want to render a lot of things then you might start thinking about a dual-CPU system.But this brings al lot more power requirements into the mix and usually a lot more noise.

By the way, if you want to speed up software like Adobe CS4 then you might think about getting a professional graphics card (nVidia Quadro or AMD FireGL) which would speed up the software more than a CPU would.

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

What Motherboard do you have , Because if you are going to be doing editing or video , you want the best CPU that your board can handle.

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

Also if your board can handle Crossfire, you may want to concider two HD5770 GPUs.

0 Kudos