Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

enable virtualization processador i5-2410M

ghaas1
Beginner

Good night people. I need help, I'm lost. My software virtual box tells me that I do not have 64-bit virtualization support. I have a notebook manufacturer cce model wm545b. And with the cpu-z program tells me that the mother board is intel corporation model huronriver. The bios version is American megatrends version 1.03.CCE. I need to know if the 64-bit virtualization function is actually enabled and working on windows. In the bios menus I can not find any information. My processor has virtualization support. Can someone help me?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First of all, this isn't an Intel product. Huron River is the code name for Intel's 2011 mobile reference platform, which combines a Sandy Bridge 2nd generation Intel Mobile Core processor (in this case, a Core i5-2410m) with a 6 Series Cougar Point Chipset and a 7th generation Centrino Wireless-N wireless networking solution. See Wikipedia for more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrino#Huron_River_platform_(2011).

Your processor does indeed have Virtualization Technology (VT-x) with Extended Page Tables (EPT) support, but it does not have Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) (which would support a remote console via LAN). Typically, virtualization support is enabled or disabled from within BIOS Setup. You need to check the BIOS configuration.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
ghaas1
Beginner

Good evening, Mr. n.scott.pearson. Thank you very much for the technical information. But in the menus of my bios I do not see any function of enabling virtualization. Do I how confirm that the virtualization service is running on windows. And I want to use the oracle virtual box program to simulate 64-bit operating systems and it says it does not have 64-bit support.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Using the links below, download, install and then run the following three tools:

1. Intel Processor Identification Utility. Once it completes, click on File | Save to save a copy of the result file.
  2. Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool. Once it completes, click on File | View Results File and then make a copy of this results file.
  3. Intel System Support Utility. Once it completes, click on Save and save a copy of its results file.

Attach all three of these files to your response.

...S

0 Kudos
ghaas1
Beginner

Good night n.scott.pearson here are the results. But in the second test it stops for a long time in the phase testing cache. I do not know how long it takes to get through this phase. I recorded a photo print of the second test.

0 Kudos
ghaas1
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
ghaas1
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, IPIU is saying that VT isn't supported by your processor. Then again, IPIU is also saying that VT isn't supported on my processor (a Core i7-4770K) - yet I am running a VMM (Hyper-V) and VMs run just fine.

Since, in your case, we know that you are also running a VMM (VirtualBox is installed and running; which I conclude from the fact that, in the ISSU report, I am seeing a VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking device driver and a virtual Ethernet adapter), the IPIU report may be similarly inaccurate.

...S

0 Kudos
ghaas1
Beginner

good afternoon guys. is as follows: to better clarify my problem here is a photo print of my problem. I'm using virtual box 6.0.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Showing us a picture containing non-English text is a waste of time as we cannot translate it. Send us the text itself.

....S

0 Kudos
ghaas1
Beginner

oh! I'm very sorry. here is the correct photo print of the error message.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sorry, this is beyond me. I would say wait to see if Intel Customer Support can investigate this, but with the age of your processor (which has long been Discontinued and long been out of Interactive Support), I am afraid that they will not respond. You may want to try contacting the VirtualBox folks for an explanation...

...S

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello ghaas1, We would like to add that the information provided by n.scott.pearson about the methods you can use to determine if your processor supports Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT) is accurate. Does My Processor Support Intel® Virtualization Technology? https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005486/processors.html In this scenario, we also recommend contacting Oracle VM VirtualBox support. You may also contact your system manufacturer to obtain more information about how you can enable this technology from within BIOS. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos