Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

hd 5500 lags

ЕГавр
Beginner

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 carbon 2015 gen (20BS006RRT).

Windows 10

From the first day of use everything that is displayed on the screen is lagging. For example - i`m on the desktop, moving mouse from one corner to the other and pointer comes with a lagging of millisecond at every single second or two.

I`ve updated video drivers (including an experimental version with intel site, as well as through the Lenovo driver updater), puted all possible power settings for maximum performance - nothing has changed. Launched Football Manager 2016 (played before on the MacBook with Intel HD4000 with no lags). Again lags every second picture freezes and unfreezes after a a moment all over again.

Went to gameplay.intel.com, found that FM2016 has 4 stars for performance on HD5500 graphics card. Went to check it on my game - it shows that i have only 1 and a half star of video rating with all the video settings putted to minimum requirements.

Deleted video driver at all, instead of Intel HD5500 appeared "standard video driver" or something like that. Overall perfomance eventually dropped but lags stopped to appear.

Decided to experiment a little so i installed Ubuntu and Archlinux in addition to the Windows10. In both of the linux systems - no lags, Football Manager 2016 shows 4 and a half stars, everything works great, as it should be.

Could you please help me to solve this problem?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

This problem might be related to the graphics driver version. Please test and let me know your findings after installing graphics drivers version 4539

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26347/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=86210

Allan.
0 Kudos
ЕГавр
Beginner

Hi Allan and thank you for your quick response!

As i said earlier i have already tried the latest beta version (i called it experimental). It failed to change the situation.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I would like to send this information to the appropriate team for further assistance. Please fill out this report /thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

You can copy this form to MS Word and attach the file.

In order to attach files, make sure you select the "Advanced Editor" option in the top right of your reply window. You will then be presented with an attach file dialogue at the bottom of the reply.

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Were you able to get the report?

Allan.
0 Kudos