Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14924 Discussions

how can I use CAT tool to allocate L2 cache on 4th Xeon processor

chenxj
Beginner

Hi I saw 4th Xeon processor support L2 cache allocation, but how to use pqos cmdline to partition and assign L2 cache COS, for L3 cache I can assign core to different COS, but L2 cache is already dedicate to one core, then what should I assign via?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Allan_A_Intel

Hello chenxj,

Thank you for reaching out with your question about using a CAT tool to allocate L2 cache on a 4th generation Xeon processor. Before I can provide a detailed answer, I kindly ask you to provide the specific model of your processor. This information will help me give you the most accurate guidance. Once I have the model information, I will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,

Allan A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, chenxj.

This post is just a quick follow up for us to monitor this support thread.

We completely understand if additional time is required before confirming the exact processor model, so we will follow up again on June 28th in case we do not hear from you, and we can move this to a later date if required.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Dear chenxj,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to follow up on your recent question regarding the allocation of L2 cache on a 4th generation Xeon processor.

To provide you with accurate guidance, I kindly request that you please provide the specific model of your processor. This information is essential for me to offer you the most appropriate instructions.

Once you provide the model information, I will be able to assist you further. Please feel free to reach out to me with any additional questions or concerns you may have. I am here to help.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. I value your time and appreciate your prompt response. I will follow up with you again in 3 business days to ensure that we can address your query promptly.

Best regards,

Allan A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Dear chenxj,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to inform you that we will be closing the forum thread associated with your previous inquiry as we haven't received any further communication from you. We greatly value your feedback and strive to address any concerns or questions you may have. 

While we understand that circumstances may have changed or you may have found a resolution elsewhere, we kindly request that you provide us with an update if you still require assistance. Our dedicated support team is here to help and ensure your satisfaction.

If you require any further assistance or have additional questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly. We are more than willing to assist you further and address any concerns you may have.

We genuinely appreciate your time and consideration in working with us. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we are committed to providing exceptional customer service.

Thank you once again for reaching out to us. We look forward to your response and the opportunity to assist you further.

Warm regards,

Allan A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos