Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/76308/intel-core-i5-4300u-processor-3m-cache-up-to-2-90-ghz.html

ZNawa1
Beginner

Respect Sir/Madam

I have a HP Elitebook 840 G1 in which intel core i5 4300U processor is being used and according to above mentioned intel site link the max turbo speed of this processor is 2.90 GHz but my machine shows 2.50 GHz why?

Moreover i noticed that machines doesn't show the actual turbo speed which are mentioned on intel site why?

Your quick response will be highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Your machine shows 2.5GHz where? Doesn't show the actual turbo speed where?

This is a very complicated feature and what is achievable at any point in time is dependent upon a lot of criteria including number of cores active, temperatures of these cores, etc. Shoving some sort of load on the system and expecting to see the max turbo speed just isn't going to happen. The max turbo speed only happens when there is only a single core active and temperatures show elbow room for this core to be overclocked.

For more information (get ready to do a lot of reading; this isn't a simple thing), consult these sources:

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
ZNawa1
Beginner
Your machine shows 2.5GHz where? Doesn't show the actual turbo speed where? Hi Sir Thanks for your kind reply and according to your above query i have been attached some images which will provide you a better understanding and kindly guide me according to these attached images. Thanks and Regards, Zohaib
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Use the Image button to upload and attach images. You can also use the paperclip icon blow the button bar to upload and attach other kinds of files to your response.

I presume you have finished all of this reading and understand what you will and won't see?

...S

0 Kudos
ZNawa1
Beginner
Hi sir kindly find the attached images again, as u said in previous mail you had not shown the images and yes i read the all links which you recommended and please provide me the understanding according to these images. [image: intel_1.PNG] [image: Machine Properties_1.PNG] [image: Intel_2.PNG] [image: Machine Properties_2.PNG]
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I don't know what you did but the images are not present in your reponse.

0 Kudos