Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

i core5-1235U problem combining mp4's

travelerhj
Beginner

Issue: combining 10 mp4 files (each 2 meg or less) into 1 mp4 file using both microsoft windows video editor (delivered with windows 11) and Camtasia 2021 on laptop i5-1235u 1.3 ghz processor.

Each mp4 plays fine on it's own.

After importing 10 files, when running the combined video before exporting, the computer locks the display around video 5 but still plays the sound until the clip playing is completed.  The app is then locked.

When I performed the identical task on my old icore5-4300M laptop the combining worked as expected with both video editing tools.

I have accepted and implemented 1 bios patch for this processor (laptop).  There are no outstanding withdows updates.

Does this sound like a intel bios issue or the vendor's implementation in this laptop?

thanks,

hj

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
travelerhj
Beginner

dignostics attached:

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Well, it is not an Intel bios issue because Intel did not make the bios.  Lenovo did.

Could it be the vendor's implementation in the laptop?  Yes.   I have seen so many problems with Lenovo laptops.

Update the lenovo bios.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos