Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

i got 4790k processor i got low performance after update !!!

Guerrero
Beginner

good morning gentlemen I have a 4790k processor and for a couple of days I noticed that after the update my processor does not run well premiere, the renders are longer and I notice a drop in the frames of the games. watching youtube I saw that there was a vulnerability in these processors that made a fall in their processing of up to 42%, I am very worried one does not expect a vulnerability to appear after a security update. Help me to be heard. thank you !!!!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What update?

What version of Windows 10? 1909?

Whose motherboard? Provide the model number?

Doc

0 Kudos
Guerrero
Beginner

WINDOWS 10 VERSION 1909 ///// UPDATED 31/12/2019

/// B85 ASUS PRO GAMER

/// 32gb ram kingston fury 1333

/// ssd kingston 240 for windows and software

/// 2 seagate barracuda 2tb for files and temps (65-80% operative)

/// NVIDIA EVGA SSC GTX 970

0 Kudos
Guerrero
Beginner

when working in premiere the visualization in 1080p is no longer fluid; It locks even if the quality drops to 1/4. the frames of some games fell about 5-15 frames there are lag overwatch under 60 always held in high quality at 45-55 frames.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Guerrero, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your inquiry about the performance of the Intel® Core ™ i7-4790K Processor, we can always run the Intel® Processor Diagnostics Tool, the purpose of the tool is to verify the functionality of the unit, it checks for brand identification, verifies the processor operating frequency, tests specific processor features, and performs a stress test on it as well, if it passed the test it means the Intel® Processor should work just fine, please attach the report, to do that once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower left corner:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

You mentioned there is a rendering problem, to try to fix that issue, we recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer/board since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform. I looked in ASUS web site and the Intel® Graphics driver version available in there is V10.18.15.4248, please test that driver, look under "VGA":

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/B85PRO_GAMER/HelpDesk_Download/

If the problem persists, then we can always try to install the Intel® Generic Graphics driver version 15.40.44.5107:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29313/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-

Regarding your concern about the vulnerabilities, we just wanted to confirm, is there any particular vulnerability that you are referring to? If that is the case which is it?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Guerrero, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Guerrero, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos