Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

i3-10100 issue or motherboard problem - squeak from iGPU or VRM for iGPU

Piotr
Novice

Dear Intel Community,

I bought budget components except PSU (Seasonic Focus GX-550). My motherboard is Gigabyte H410M S2H. I have problem with squeak of VRM and iGPU. When I watched videos on YouTube or view photos or scrolling websites sometimes I noticed squeak. This sounds like high voltage electricity or something like that. I noticed that this issue is connected with iGPU because if I scrooling on this same website to another part or in the video i rewind to other frames this issue will be gone. Example on this video I have this issue only in this part of the movie, when I can see a table with the disks --> https://youtu.be/m3YKT2VK4SI?t=527
Squeak is more intensive if I do full screen in this frames of the movie. If I will minimalize browser this issue is gone.

What is the reason of this issue? This is problem with processor or motherboard? How I can check this?

I hope that you help.

Yours faihtfully,
Piotr

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Piotr, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

It is not normal to hear any noise coming from the CPU, so this is likely to be an issue with another component. In order to better assist you, please provide the following:

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:   

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".    
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".    
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".    
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).   

2. Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and send the results either in a screenshot or .txt file. To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.  

3. Is this issue present since you first build this PC? Or did you make any changes before the squeaking noise started?  

4. Please provide the brand and model number of your cooling solution.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Piotr,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Piotr,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Piotr
Novice

I diagnosed this squeak from iGPU. This is not problem with processor. This sound issues is caused by my display (monitor). I have only issue with drop performance and noise from stock cooler. This is cooler manufactured by Intel and it is come with processor.

This problem with performance very frustrated me so if you can help I will be apreciate.

This is subject for my problems --> https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/i3-10100-problem-with-drops-of-performance-in-programs-and-noise/m-p/1263744#M50177

0 Kudos