i3 7100 3000mhz

My comp. msi z270 and i3 7100.

Want to buy A-Data XPG Gammix D10 [AX4U300038G16-DRG]

3000mhz, will job?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Restate your question with more detail. I have no idea what you want to do.

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

[Al: these are specific DIMMs that are being referring to.]

Your processor is only validated for up to 2400 MHz memory. This does not mean that 3000 MHz memory is not going to work, but there are a lot of components that come into play - the memory controllers (bus interfaces) in the processor, the memory bus implementation on the motherboard, the components around the memory buses and the bus interfaces in the DIMM module(s) themselves. The issue is noise. If the noise inserted into the bus signals by all of these components reaches levels where data cannot be differentiated from noise, then transmission will fail. Since this is specific to the individual processor in use, the individual motherboard being used, the other components in the system and (finally), the individual DIMM(s) being used, it is impossible for us to absolutely say that it will work. You will only know by trying.

To make matters worse, you will find that what works initially may not continue to do so. As components age, the noise they generate will increase. This is expected and completely unavoidable. As this noise increases, those working DIMMs may become non-working DIMMs. There's really nothing wrong with them, however. It is the combination of this processor, with this motherboard, with these DIMM(s), in this system that has the problem. The important consideration here is that the faster the DIMMs are that you choose, the higher the likelihood of the combination not working and/or eventually not working. When this is combined with the fact that faster memory does not necessarily equate to a noticeably faster system, choosing faster memory is more risky. In fact, the amount of memory that you choose to install can make significantly more of a difference to system performance overall.

Hope this helps - and welcome to the bleeding edge,

...S