Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

i5 11600 memory compatibility

Mike27
Beginner

Hi,

I have been having difficulties with a Gigabyte Z590 board and Corsair memory, default settings work fine but with XMP enabled diagnostic led's indicate problems during  start up. After exhaustive checks on my part it seems the memory will only run with memory odd ratio i.e. 3066mhz not 3000mhz. In a Z370 board the memory runs with XMP enabled at 3066mhz.

A note in the manual for the motherboard says the CPU and memory must support the Memory Odd/Even function or it is not available.

I have given up on Gigabyte support, can you advise if there is any reason the processor cannot use XMP to set odd ratios. The memory does work fine manually set for 3066mhz but I have wasted a lot of my time trying top manually set to 3000mhz but the bios does not have a setting for odd/even clock.

memory used: Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 V5.3, CMW32GX4MC3000C15 V4.33

motherboards used: Gigabyte Z590UD AC, Aorus Z590 Elite AX

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Mike27

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. 

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please share with us the following information:

1. Do you get and BSOD?
  2. Did you use the same processor in both motherboards?
  3. Did you get the same issue in both motherboards?
  4. Did you get the same issue in both RAMs tested?
  5. Have you tested a higher frequency RAM?

Download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Mike27
Beginner

Hi Deivid,

1. Do you get and BSOD? Only when I use CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 V5.3, I also have CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 V8.31 which passed 5min xtu mem stress test.
  2. Did you use the same processor in both motherboards? Yes
  3. Did you get the same issue in both motherboards? Yes
  4. Did you get the same issue in both RAMs tested? Other than BSOD as above Yes
  5. Have you tested a higher frequency RAM? I have no other RAM sorry.

Regards

Mike

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Mike27, 

Thanks for the information provided, before we continue I would like to confirm the following:

1. Do you have any other option at the BIOS to set the Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (Intel® XMP) besides 3066MHz? If so, what happens if you select it?

2. Have you updated your BIOS?

3. Are you able to take the computer to a repair store and try a different CPU that supports 3200MHz?

4. Can you take a picture of the Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (Intel® XMP) options at the BIOS?

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Mike27
Beginner

Hi Deivid,

1: Do you have any other option at the BIOS to set the Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (Intel® XMP) besides 3066MHz? If so, what happens if you select it? In both boards I only have the Profile 1 option.  In the Z370P board Profile 1 is shown as 3000mhz in the basic bios list as you can see in the picture 1 for that board but if you look for advanced info as in the second picture for that board it is actually running at 3066. Whereas in the Z590 board again I only have Profile 1 option and basic info is shown as 3000mhz and can be seen to be running at 3000mhz as in the pictures for that board.

2. Have you updated your BIOS? Yes on both boards.

3. Are you able to take the computer to a repair store and try a different CPU that supports 3200MHz? Afraid not.

4. Can you take a picture of the Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (Intel® XMP) options at the BIOS? See attached zip file.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Mike27, 

Since your CPU is locked (cannot be overclocked), this could contribute to the problem due to Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (Intel® XMP) allowing to increase the RAM speed with its considered overclocking for most of the cases.

After some research, I recommend you to check once more with the motherboard manufacturer since they are in charge of the settings and also the Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (Intel® XMP) profiles at the BIOS.

For more information about Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (Intel® XMP), check the following link:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/extreme-memory-profile-xmp.html

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos