Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14508 Discussions

i5-11600K and XMP on 3600MHz

MarkoZI
Beginner
Hello,
I have buy new CPU, memory and motherboard to upgrade my old PC.
CPU i5-11600K
RAM HX437C19FB3/8 * 2 (dual channel)
Motherboard Gigabyte B560M AORUS PRO

I need to know and I'm very confused reading all posts which i found on the internet.
I have leave all in default setings in bios and this memory run at 2400MHz and 1.2V i have try to enable XMP and set profile 2 3600MHz and 1.35v (i think CL is same as on 2400MHz) system is working fine and stable as i can see, but i need to know can i have any negative impact related with hardware i mean about CPU or damage it if i use this memory on 3600MHz and 1.35v with this I5 cpu?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello MarkoZI

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. As per processor specifications, the maximum memory frequency recommended is 3200MHz:

If you want to run the memory above 3200MHz, you'll need an XMP profile. Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (Intel® XMP) lets you overclock compatible DDR4 /DDR5 memory modules to enhance the gaming features built into PCs with Intel® Core™ processors. Altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications. 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
MarkoZI
Beginner

So that means if i enable XMP profile and memory working on 3200MHz warranties may not apply to CPU ?
I ask because i have another's two modules "KF432C16BBK2/8"

XMP Profile #1: DDR4-3200 CL16-18-18 @1.35V
XMP Profile #2: DDR4-3000 CL15-17-17 @1.35V

So i'm safe to enable XMP on this modules?

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

When you use an XMP it doesn't mean that by default the warranty or the life of the processor will be affected, it will be affected if the memory runs outside the specifications established for the processor (Memory that runs above 3200).

In the case of the KF432C16BBK2/8 memory module, both XMP profiles run at (or below 3200MHz), so you shouldn't have a problem with them affecting the life of the processor or the warranty. However, I would recommend checking with the OEM to confirm that the profiles/memory are running under the processor specifications.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos