Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

i5-3570 does not work when all core are activated.

idata
Employee

Computer wont boot up if all core are enabled. But if change core from bios to just 1 or 2 , Computer works fine. Is it possible that 3rd or 4th core is dead ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello JeetendraTandel,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

The processor is supposed to boot with all cores enabled, if your system does not boot when enable all cores, several reasons can cause that:
  • May I ask why you activated and deactivated the cores in the BIOS? Was this system working fine before?
  • Was the system overclocked?
  • Make sure the system is not overclocked; if the system was overclocked this kind of issues can happen.
  • Miss configuration in the BIOS can cause issues like this, make sure to have the BIOS set to default settings.
  • Try updating the BIOS for your motherboard.

I hope that can help.

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ivan,

There was a problem and computer wont boot. So i tried all different things.

So initially all core were enabled. After changing setting to just work with 2 core, Computer booted up.

So I just want to know what is wrong here.

And about other thing. Its not overclocked(Dell Motherboard, no option to overclock). I just update Bios. And also tried the default setting from bios.

Thank you,

Jeetendra

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Is this a system that you built or you purchase this system already built from Dell? If the system was purchased already built from Dell I strongly recommend contacting Dell for better support as they are more familiar with your system and how the components interact with each other.

Ivan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I would have done that at first place but its out of warranty.

I tried the system with other processor (i3-2120) with default setting and it worked fine.

Jeetendra.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

If you try your system with other processor and you don't get the same behavior then you could have a defective processor. Did you purchase this processor separate or it came already installed in your system?

If you purchase the processor separate and it is a box unit you can try to request a warranty replacement at the following link:

https://customercare.intel.com/?lang=en-US?productId=873:59 https://customercare.intel.com/?lang=en-US?productId=873:59

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
ssote
New Contributor II

Is there a Bios update for the motherboard?

0 Kudos