Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

i5 4570 Haswell 3.2Ghz (up to 3.6Ghz) Problem.

JZhen9
Beginner

Help please, I've got i5 4570 @3.2Ghz which stated it's able to run at max speed of 3.6Ghz, but I found out that if my cpu is running at 3.6Ghz, my pc will often crashes. I've set Turbo Boost on (set in bios). Do I have a defective cpu? Thanks before.

My system:

Cpu : i5 4570 Haswell @3.2Ghz (up to 3.6Ghz)

Mobo: MSI Z87-GD65

Gpu: Nvidia 9600GT 1GB DDR3

Memory: 2x2GB patriot memory pc10600

H.D.D: HGST 1TB

Psu: Silverstone 500w

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Let me help you with this.

There are some things that can be done for you to find the cause of the issue:

0 Kudos
JZhen9
Beginner

Hello, sorry for the late reply.

Here are the things I've done:

-Tested my rams with memtest86+ and windows memory diagnostic tool but found no problems with them.

-Reset my bios to default settings and turbo boost is set to auto (off), which then I switched it back on.

-Switched my gpu and psu with a working ones but found the problem still persist.

-Since PC hang occasionally (no BSOD and I've checked there's no log event viewer for any errors), I had to reset my PC using reset button.

-Downloaded http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-031726.htm Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and passed the test.

I don't know what is happening with my PC. But when I'm using OCCT to burn-in test, processor got error in core 0 and 3; for temp 60 degress is the max.
0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

The Hard Drive is probably fine if you do not get read or write errors from the event log.

I believe this is related to the integration, a grounding issue or false contact. You may also want to verify the memory compatibility.

I cannot comment on the other tool you have used for testing because we have not validated it. The other way to test the processor will be swapping it with another one or testing it in a different compatible system.

0 Kudos