Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

i5-6500 100% use

Gauthierr
Novice

i bought i5-6500 but it's totally used it's marked 100% use so it's lagging my pc help plz

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Gauthierr
Novice

its good and im french so maybe they are french in my folder sorry

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I cannot see the model number of your asustek motherboard, and I cannot see your bios revision.  Do you have that information?

Also, I assumr you built this PC, is that correct?  Have you considered the installation of the processor needs to be done again?

This "100%" - is that only for a few minutes after startup, or all the time?

Have you checked your startup programs?  Do you have lots of PUPs installed?

Gauthierr
Novice

1. i don't have built my pc

2.The "100%" its all time 

3. i have took screenshot of informations bios/mother board

4. my pc is old (4 years)

5. Have you checked your startup programs? Yes

6.Do you have lots of PUPs installed? Yes

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I would start by disabling some of the startups.  But, if you do have lots of PUPs, you should get rid of them.  MALWAREBYTES.ORG does a particularly good job of identifying and removing PUPs.  And, it is free.  Just download it and clean up your machine.  I just ran that on a friends machine and it removed 234 PUPs.  It took two passes, but the PUPs are gone.   And, it may identify other viruses.

After that, let us see where you are.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

For the 100% usage, please open Task Manager, select More Details (lower left corner), select the Processes Tab and then select the CPU column (so it sorts processes by utilization). Take a snapshot of this display and attach it to a response message.

I would also like to see a thermal sensor display from a program like AIDA64, HWiNFO64 or something similar.

...S

0 Kudos