msı gtx 960 2 gb 128 bit Graphic card

Msı Z170A gaming m5 Motherboard

Corsair le200 240 gb ssd

Western digital 1 Tb 7200 rpm hdd

Corsair vengance lpx 8x2=16 gb 3000 mhz cl16 1.35 V

coller master masterliquid lite 240 cooling

Thermaltake versa H22 case

600 W power

the computer has a processor bottleneck and I can't solve this problem, please help, thank you.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Fatihpoyraz,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist would you mind providing us with the following report and information to continue.

-DXDIAG

•          Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R.

•          On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK.

•          On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information.

•          Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.

Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

-Can you please elaborate a little bit more about how is this bottleneck issue affecting you and what were steps you took in order to come to the conclusion that it is a processor’s issue?

-Does this issue happen with any specific software or with the overall performance of the computer?

-Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update?

-Were you able to have your PC working with a normal/expected performance before? If yes, was there any recent change (Software/Hardware) related to the point when the issue started?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Fatihpoyraz
Beginner
This is how I realized you were the processor's problem
I examined the uses in games using the Msi afterburner program, my processor was constantly using 100%, I thought this problem would be caused by the ram, I changed my rams, but the problem was not solved, I thought it would be caused by the temperature, I switched to the liquid cooling system but my problem was not solved again. times but still my problem was not solved.

My computer freezes for 1 second when opening any application, game or google chrome
No, this problem has existed since 2015 and I always changed those parts because I thought it was from other parts.

Right now there is no problem with other parts, I think it is just the processor, I will take the game tests soon.
0 Kudos
Fatihpoyraz
Beginner
I have done the battlefield 1 and rainbow six siege test now, if there is another test you want you can write
0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Fatihpoyraz,

We appreciate the report you have provided, and we would like to request the following information and provide some recommendations.

-While running both of those games separately can you let them open in the background, and after that open your task manager’s full-page and take a screenshot of the full main tab and one of the full performance tab?

Note: Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

-According to our website both of those games are not validated for your processor; therefore, we would like to know if you have checked with the developer to see what are the recommended settings for them in a build such as yours?

https://gameplay.intel.com/CPUSelectedGameSearch/Index/88184/0

Recommendations:

-Based on the report you have provided, your computer doesn’t seem to have Hybrid graphics(might be deactivated in BIOS);therefore, if you connect a GPU to it you will need to choose what graphics are the ones that the computer is going to use, if you choose the Internal graphics to play, it will be hard for you to maintain stability and performance based on what we have previously discussed; and based on that, you will need to choose your external GPU to play and check with the manufacturer of it for the recommended configuration and the latest driver.

-In case you are wondering if your motherboard can actually have Hybrid graphics so both the Internal graphics and the eGPU can coexist. What we recommend is that you contact MSI directly and ask them for instructions to see how to setup this in your BIOS.

- If you are worried that your processor might be malfunctioning you can run a test with our IPDT tool, if the results show passed, that means that the processor is functioning correctly and the problem might be somewhere else.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792

-In terms of stability and overall performance we recommend having the computer as updated as you possibly can and we have found that your current BIOS version (1.I0) might be already outdated. What we suggest; is that you try to update it to the latest available which is version:7977v1I

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z170A-Gaming-M5.html#down-bios

Note: For information on how to do this please contact MSI directly.

Regards,

Victor G.

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
Fatihpoyraz
Beginner
Hello sir
-The motherboard is up to date, the video card is up to date, I have updated all the parts on the computer, but the problem does not go away, there is a problem with my processor, I understood that my friend has the same processor and he uses it with the gtx 970 2 gb model, but there is no problem with it. We play the same games, my friend is remote I cannot get its processor and test it because it is. I will send the screenshots.

game name Rainbow six siege  

0 Kudos
Fatihpoyraz
Beginner
I ran the tests sir, I checked all you said before running the tests and I'm sure all the drivers are up to date.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Fatihpoyraz,

From the screenshots that you have provided, what we believe is that the problem you are having is more related to the eGPU than the processor itself, mostly, because if you take a look at the pictures you’ll see that the eGPU is not getting enough usage while the game is running, it almost looks like is not responding to it, which makes us believe that there could be something wrong with the configuration of it or with the overall functioning of the component.

A healthy usage will go around 20% to 40% for the CPU and around 60% to 90% usage on the eGPU; therefore, our strongest recommendation will be to check directly with MSI, so they can help you with further recommendations to test why is the GPU behaving like that, and to see if it can be fixed with changing its configuration or with something else.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Fatihpoyraz
Beginner
I want to ask a question 
A friend of mine said that the speed of ram that the processors support is determined

If it is high, there may be fps drop problems. The ram I am currently using is 3000 MHz, but I do not know how many mhz my processor supports, can you enlighten me?
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The specs for your processor can be found here: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/88184/intel-core-i5-6500-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-60-ghz.html.

If your motherboard design supports DDR3L memory, then the maximum speed supported by the processor is 1600MHz. If your motherboard design supports DDR4 memory, on the other hand, then the maximum speed supported by the processor is 2133MHz.

Depending upon your motherboard design, it may or may not have support for XMP-based overclocking of the memory interface. Your memory achieves its 3000MHz clock speed through XMP. Note that, even if XMP is supported, this is not a guarantee that the Mobo/CPU/DIMM(s) will be able to achieve this speed.

Note that a system may be able to support a certain XMP speed when it is new, but, as circuits age over time, their ability to sustain this speed will degrade. The cause is (electrical) noise. All components generate some amount of noise. As the components age, they all generate more noise. When the combined noise of all components reaches the level where the bus interfaces in the processor and in the DIMMs cannot distinguish data from noise, then the bus will stall.

Hope this answers it for you,

...S

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Fatihpoyraz,

Please let us know if you are still having any doubts about your original request or if there is anything else you need in regard to that matter.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Fatihpoyraz,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Fatihpoyraz,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Victor G. 

0 Kudos