Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

i5-8400 KabyLake PCI Express Root Port# 10 - A2B1 how to update without getting driver error if possible

jwall13
Beginner

So when i put my computer together and turned it on an error came up for port # 10 a2b1 kaby lake. I did the fix and downgraded with the setup and -overall, but now i am curious... will i be able to update my CPU without getting this error anymore? I tried updating my Intel products and the computer would not boot back up without being restored to the previous point. I would love to keep all my stuff updated and am extremely curious as to why this is happening with my setup.

i5-8400 CPU

MSI z370 gaming m5 mobo

16gb ram

Nvidia geforce 970 GPU

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Darthwezel

Thank you for joining the community.

Could you provide us with a picture of the device manager form section system devices?

Once you find the i5-8400 KabyLake PCI Express Root Port# 10 - A2B1 and try to update the driver use the option browse my computer for driver software> let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer>

Can you send us a picture of the options you can pick in there to complete the driver update?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What specific package did you install just prior to the hang?

0 Kudos
jwall13
Beginner
  • Open Cortana.
  • Enter cmd in there to open up the command prompt.
  • Enter cd desktop (For this step the work, after you unzip the files, please save the chipset.exe on the desktop).
  • After that enter: setupchipset.exe -overall.

I have done these steps and it has removed the error, my problem is when i update the intel chip the error comes back. Is there a way to update my pc without that error coming back? Its kinda bad when the whole community has asked questions about this exact thing for a year now and there still is not a fix for this.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Darthwezel

Thank you for the response.

This situation seems to be related to the ship set driver, for that you may have to complete a driver installation, in that case, you have to refer to MSI*.

https://www.msi.com/about/contact-us/ https://www.msi.com/about/contact-us/

Please check you provide inbox.

Regards.

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos